Chapter 10: The FrozenMoon Battle

Drake's POV (picture of Rebecca above)

*One Month Later*

Finally, a month after the attack I get to leave this small cubical in the pack hospital and I get to go back to the pack house. Sadly I still need a wheelchair. I am also happy about today because my big sister is collecting me and taking me back with Triston, her mate.

I pack up all of my things into a medium size bag that Rebecca brought for me when we found out I would be staying for a while. It feels nice to finally feel what sisterly love is like after a life time of keeping a big secret from her.

I then get changed out of my pajamas and into a white top and blue jeans along with some black trainers and my neon pink socks. Today is the first day I got changed without help since the accident. I can't wait to tell Rebecca! We aren't just siblings, we are best friends. We have been ever since we were little children.

Then a male nurse comes in to help me pack and get dressed but I have done it without his help.

"Woah, someone is excited to finally leave. Alpha, I can't believe you finally got dressed by yourself." He says happily.

I chuckle a little bit at the first part of what he said before saying, "Thanks, I guess I can't wait to see my best friend and her mate. I know I see her once every two days but I can't wait to see her every single day."

The nurse then puts my pajamas in my bag, zips it up then puts it at the end of the bed. While he did that I got into my wheelchair as I could tell that he wanted me to. He takes the brake off and wheels me out of the cubical towards the ward reception desk. I wonder why we are going this way, it's too early to go. Rebecca said she would arrive at one in the afternoon and at the moment it is ten thirty in the morning.

Once we arrive at the desk I see a girl with brown hair wearing a pink dress, a white leather jacket and white high heels. Her back was facing me and I couldn't fully recognise her scent, I can't recognise scents all the time as my wolf has been missing for so long. She then turns around and I see it's Rebecca. She never dresses like that and today it isn't a special occasion.

She smiles and then walks towards me and the nurse before saying, "Hi Drake, ready to go?"

I then nod and the nurse hands her my bag. As the nurse leaves she stands behind me and pushes me out of the hospital. It feels so good to breath in the fresh air. Rebecca then helps me into the front passenger seat and puts my wheelchair in the back while I fasten my seatbelt and close the door. She then climbs into the driver's seat and closes the door. She turns the engine on and fastens her seatbelt.

I break the silence by saying, "Where's Triston? I thought he was coming."

She starts driving before saying, "At a battle. He is leading our pack and the FrozenMoon along with their Alpha."

My eyes suddenly grow wide. "A battle! What happened?"

She pulls into the drive way."The FrozenMoon pack was attacked and they dragged us into it. I tried to convince them to not make us get involved but they wouldn't listen. I didn't want to use my Alpha tone because as you said a month ago, we need to be careful about who I really am."

She then parks the car and gets out, she helps me out of the car into my wheelchair after getting it out of the back and locks the car.

I then whisper, "Nice outfit by the way. What's the special occasion?"

She then whispers back, "You coming home."

She then wheels me into the pack house and I see that the whole pack has made it wheelchair friendly just for me. There is a ramp at the front door, things I may need to reach are lower down and they set up a bed in the usually empty room next to my office.

Pack members smile and bow their heads in submission as I go past them. We then go into my office and I see all the paperwork from the battle.

"The FrozenMoon Battle, very original." I chuckle trying to make Rebecca laugh as she has to hide her sadness with a fake mask of happiness. She just moves the chair behind my desk out of the way and then parks my wheelchair where the chair was a moment ago and leaves.

I guess she needs me more than I need her...