Chapter 7: Where am I

Drake's POV

*1 Day after the attack (yesterday)*

The light slowly returned to me as I opened my eyes. I am surrounded by machines and wires. As I look around my head feels fuzzy and I feel like I am going to pass out again.

"Hello?" I call out hoping for an answer.

Then the pack doctor quickly runs in and bows his head in submission.

"Alpha Drake, how are you feeling?" He asks me whilst feeling my forehead.

"Umm, I feel like I've been hit by a truck that killed my wolf. By the way, Where am I?" I try to say but  my words are slurred.

He raises an eyebrow at me as he writes notes on a clipboard and then in his 'private' note book. He should really put it in a better place. I know he's my cousin but I found it quite easily.

"You are in the Pack Hospital. I'll leave you to rest..." He says after a few minutes of silence.

Well... This is going to be a painful time.

*2 days after the attack (today)*

My stomach is growling more than my dad when he was in a bad mood. They haven't let me eat a single thing since I woke up because they need to keep testing for traces of this plant called 'Wolfsbane'. I missed an important week of Alpha Training in the first year due to sickness. I guess it was the week about killer plants. I wish I had a mate to help me through all this.

I suddenly hear Rebecca talking from outside which kind of comforts me. I am the only living person that knows a secret about her that she doesn't even know herself. I have always wanted to tell her but when my dad was alive he never let me tell her but now I'm Alpha I decide. Well, that's if Xander would let me, he is always so mean and makes me act like I have a secret crush on her when I try to tell her.

Wait, Xander isn't here. So it's the perfect time to tell her. I try to stand up but I fall over, I guess the 'Wolfsbane' (if that's the thing that has done this to me) has paralysed me. I slowly climb into the wheelchair. Luckily I still have use of my arms so I start to wheel my self out of the room. This is going great! I reach the end of the corridor when a pack nurse comes in front of me causing me to stop.

"Alpha Drake!" She calls out, which gets the pack doctors attention, "You shouldn't be out of bed! You may have Wolfsbane poisoning and if you get out of bed all the Wolfsbane could leave your system and if it does we may never be 100% sure if you actually have Wolfsbane poisoning because the tests would be inaccurate. Plus-"

I cut her off by shouting, "I DON'T CARE, I NEED TO SEE MY BETA IMMEDIATELY! I DON'T HAVE TO DO WHAT YOU SAY AND I AM YOUR ALPHA SO YOU LISTEN TO ME BEFORE I KICK YOU OUT OF THIS PACK. YES, YOU HELP THIS PACK A LOT WITH YOUR SERVICE TO THIS PACK HOSPITAL BUT DON'T THINK I WON'T HESITATE TO KICK YOU AND YOUR FAMILY OUT."

She bows her head in submission before running off in tears. I then carry on to find Rebecca, luckily I still have some of my werewolf abilities. I sniff the air to catch her scent. Then I find the end of the trail at room similar to mine at the other end of the ward. The information whiteboard on the wall next to the door reads,

"Patient Name: Triston Grey     -     Age: 21 years      -      Patient Blood Type: O+    -     Condition: Coma   -  Job Within Pack:  Assistant Beta  -  Mate: Beta Rebecca Jones"                                       

Woah, Rebecca's mate, Triston is unconscious?

Reading what is on the whiteboard shocks me. Her mate is in a coma, he must also be on life support. I decide to knock on the door so I can comfort my Beta, I will tell her the news another time.

Then to my surprise, It is not Rebecca that answers the door. Instead it is Cole...