Chapter 5: Mate or Alpha

Rebecca's POV

*2 days later*

"Rebecca! You are so weak, we are still in hospital and mate is in a coma." My wolf, Lacey, tells me.

"I'm weak? You're the one not letting us heal!" I'm not the best at comebacks but that's good for me.

"At least you don't have that stupid tube in your nose anymore." She adds, trying to make me laugh.

I laugh, she always knows how to make me smile, "True." I mind-link her back before cutting her off.

I hope Triston, my mate is ok. I love him with all my heart. Some mates in this pack gets married. I hope that we do. I remember when I first met him. Okay, I don't but I love him so don't judge.

I guess Cole heard that thought as he walked in and chuckled before saying, "Don't remember how you met your mate?"

I shake my head instead of talking because I'm lazy. I then carefully climb into my wheelchair with Cole's help. Then I see his six pack. Damn, his shirt is tight plus he works out. Wait, have I got a crush on my foster dad?

Nah..

Before we go see Triston we decide to go outside. Alas, I have missed the fresh air so much. I guess I was pulling a strange face as the fresh air hit my face as Cole couldn't stop laughing. I love life more that I know Cole is my adopted dad. I loved life anyway. You should never hate life, be you and enjoy it. Even if you have the crappiest life, live it to the fullest and ignore what humans call 'haters' and you will love it.

I guess Cole heard my thoughts again as he said, "I'm glad you like life more now, I'm here to look after you."

I just roll my eyes as we decide to go inside. Then the doctor approaches us.

"Rebecca, Alpha Drake is about to go into surgery and Triston has just started to wake up. Who would you like to see before your blood test?"

Damn, I have a blood test. But who should I see first?