Chapter 10

"You can't have the both of us, (f/n)! Someone has to be chosen! It's me or him! Pick!"

"..."

"My heart breaks a little more every time I see the two of you together. I hate it."

"..."

"(f/n)....(f/n)!"

"!" You looked up at Chris as you finally came out of your thoughts.

"(f/n), what's wrong?"

"What?"

"You've been distracted since we got here. What's going on in your mind?"

"Sorry, this is our first date in a super long time and my mind is wandering somewhere else."

"It's alright. (f/n), I have something important I need to ask you."

"What is it?"

Chris stood up from his chair and took 2 steps to get beside you before kneeling down on one knee.

"!" Your cheeks started to burn.

He reached back inside his back pocket and took out a small box, holding it out in front of him. "(f/n) (l/n), will you marry me?" He opened up the box and presented to you, a diamond ring that came a long with a gentle smile to his lips.

"!!" Butterflies were attacking your stomach. "C-Chris..." You had no idea what to say. All you knew was that you couldn't speak right away and that your hear was racing faster by the second.

"What do you say?" He softly smiled at you.

"I--" 'Why can't I say, yes? Just say yes!' "I need a minute.!" You pushed your chair back, grabbed your purse and dashed to the bathroom.

"(f/n)!" He tried to call you back.

You busted open the door and ran to the sink. 'Why couldn't I just say yes?!'

"My heart breaks a little more every time I see the two of you together. I hate it."

'Ugh! Why are you in my head like this?' You took your hand and smoothed your hair back. You glanced up at your self in the mirror. '...I want to call him.' You went inside your purse and dug around fr your phone. 'I need to tell him.' You pulled it out and went to his number and pressed the call button. The first few times it rang before the other end picked up.

"Hey, what is it?"

'Shoot, how should I bring this up?'

"Hello?"

You blushed and got a bit of shivers as you heard his deep voice in your ear. 'His voice...'

"Hello? (f/n)?"

'Say something! Hurry!'

"(f/n)? Are you alright?" You could hear it in his voice that he was becoming concerned from the silence.

"Um..." You finally spoke up. 'Wait, why am I telling him again?'

"Jeez, you were about to give me a hard attack. You alright? Why the sudden call?"

"I--Chris asked me to marry him."

His eyes widened. "...."

It had become silent on his end, and this was what made you anxious of his next words. "Is he mad?

"He...asked you to marry him...?"

"...Yeah..." You lowered your gaze towards the sink.

Sosuke took a deep breath and exhaled. "...And what did you say?"

"....I didn't say anything. I just got up and ran into the bathroom."

Sosuke felt a bit of relief when hearing this, but wasn't completely relaxed. "Do you plan on saying 'yes'?"

"I don't know about that yet."

"(f/n), don't marry him."

"Why not?"

"(f/n), he isn't what you think he is. That guy is no good."

You narrowed your brows. "What are you trying to say, Sosuke?

"That guys doesn't love you, at all. He's playing you. I overheard him talking the other day, saying that he was only following you to Japan was because of your parents' money. He's planing on taking for all you have and running back here without you noticed anything. And he was talking to some other woman on the phone, calling her 'babe' and saying the he loved her."

"...Are you serious?"

"Yeah, I am. I'm sorry, I know you liked him."

"What is wrong with you?!"

"What?"

"How immature and childish can you be to make up some shitty story like that!"

"Wait, I'm not lying! I swear!"

"Yes, you are! Chris--Chris would never do something like that! He isn't like that! How could you say something like that?"

"(f/n), believe me, I'm not lying."

"I can't believe you, Sosuke. I thought you were better than this."

"Wait, (f/n) don't-"

You ended the call before he could say anything more. 'That stupid idiot!' You gathered your things and left the bathroom. Right before returning to your table, you bumped into one of the waiters. "Oh, I'm so sorry." You apologized.

Just as he was walking away, you heard Chris' voice speaking. "?" 'Who is he talking to?' You wondered. "Excuse me, could you stay here for one moment." You pulled the waiter back to shield you from Chris noticing you.

"Yeah, she ran away right after I asked her....Yeah, don't worry, I'll her to say yes."

"?"

"I don't know what's wrong, but she's been acting weird for a while, but it's not like I can't coax her. She's practically like putty in my hands. She'll do almost anything for me and she really thinks I'll do the same for her.

"!!" 'Does he mean...me?!' And just who is he talking to!'

"Jeez, you spoiled little girl. How much times do I have to say it. I. Love. You. And no one else....Yeah, I'll see you later tonight. Bye." He ended the call.

"!!!" At first, it felt like everything inside of you had completely drained out. You were feeling numb. But then you noticed that not everything was numb, because the feeling of 100 knifes stabbing you, took place right at your heart. 'I can't.....I can't believe....' An overwhelming amount of emotion was swirling around inside of you. Sadness was overtaking your anger. A rush of tears were coming to try and spill out, but you bit them back and fought them off as hard you could. 'No. Not here. I won't show any signs of weakness here. If he finds out that I know, then that would be bad.'

"Ah, (f/n)," He stood to his feet. "are you alright? I'm sorry, did I surprise you?"

"Well, of course you did, Chris."

"So, what do you say? Do you wanna get hitched?"

"How about you ask me another day?" You smiled. "I promise to answer you then, deal?"

Chris chuckled. "Deal."

*****

"Midori!" You rapidly knocked on their door. "Midori open up!"

"(f/n)?" Kanzaki opened the door instead while rubbing his eyes, indicating that he was woken up from his sleep." (f/n)-chan? You're crying....?" Kanzaki was surprised to see the black mascara, that mixed with your tears, running down cheeks. "Waht's wrong?"

"Kanzaki, who is it? What's wrong?" Midori came up from behind. "(f/n)?!"

"Midori~!" You finally broke down. "I'm an idiot! A total idiot!"