CHAPTER 10

ALEX'S POV

I was walking around dead zone when I heard footsteps behind me. "Hey Alex." I looked back and saw Austin Behind me. "Yeah?" I asked him and continued walking.We got to the dead zone 3 hours ago and I was sharing a house with Austin Katlyn and Chandler. Great. "Why the cold attitude?" He asked me. "can't a person be cold?." I asked him. "Are you being cold because of Chandler?" He asked me. I was quiet for a while and kept walking. I stopped in my tracks. "No..." I told him. "Alex... Your lying I know you." He told me. "Fine... Yes I don't know?! just need to cool off for a while." I told him.

Tears were forming in my eyes. I blinked them away and continued walking. " Alex..." He said. "But I can't do this anymore I can't be cold to him forever. "I'll give you some time to cool off." He told me. "I already am." (A/N See what I did there Cold attitude to Cool off. No? Ok.)

I told him and he smiled and left. I continued walking until I reached the stairs to the wall.

I sat down by the edge with my feet dangling and stared at the sun set. I can't believe that the whole
world is falling. I thought.
I was just watching the sunset then I realized. I can't treat him coldly forever even if he's still my guy best friend and maybe one day he will be the only one I have left. I suddenly heard footsteps from behind. "Alex?" I turned around and saw Chandler. "Yeah?" I asked him. No cold tone this time. "Are you mad at me?" He asked me. "No. I'm just worried about you.... you could have died you know..." I lied to him. "Oh" He said and sat down beside me. "I thought you were." He told me. "How could I be mad at my best friend?" I asked him. He smiled and he rested his head on my lap. "Chandler?" I said. "Hmm?" He said he looked up at me. "Promise me you'll never leave me." I told him. "I promise." He said. I stood up and pulled him up as we made our way down. we went into the house and went into our rooms. I laid on my bed and soon I drifted into deep sleep.

~Next Day~

"Alex!" I heard someone scream as I jolted from the bed. I saw Katlyn and Austin sitting on the side of the bed. "Why did you do that?" I asked them. "It was that or I would have poured water on you." Austin said. He told me and I glared at him. "Where's Chandler ?" I asked. "I though you were mad at him?" Austin said. "I thought I was but he is still my best friend." I told them. "Well Chandler's still sleeping." They told me. "Did you guys have breakfast yet?" I asked them. "Nope." They said. "Then I'll cook." I said and I rushed downstairs and took out some pancake mix and started
to cook. As soon as I was done I called them. We sat down and I saw that Chandler was not yet here. " I'll go call Chandler." I told them and went upstairs. "Chandler?" I asked and opened his door. I saw him sleeping shirtless and drool coming out of his mouth. I went closer. "Chandler...." Said in a annoying tone. "Wake up Drool king." I told him. "Since when was I the... Drool... King." He mummers in his sleep. "Chandler." I whispered to him as I grabbed a water bottle I opened it and and poured it on him. "WTF?!" He screamed with water all over him.

"Wake up I made breakfast." I smirked at him. "Not until I get back at you!" He said. He stood up and smirked at me. "Oh hell no!" I screamed and ran to my room laughing while Chandler was chasing me from behind. He tackled me on the floor of my bedroom and started to tickle me. "Canahahhahahahannnddddlleeerrr. Stop stop stop!" I screamed while laughing. He stopped and laughed. I looked at the side table and he looked too. "Don't you dare." I looked at him and he smirked and ran to the table and got the water bottle. "Chandler!" I screamed as he pinned me on the floor. "Chandler. Don't You. Dare." I told him he smiled and poured the water on my head. "Chandler." I said and tackled him on the ground. He turned us around again he was above me. This always happens when I tackle him. He stared at me the water from his wet hair dripped on me. "Um Chandler?" I asked him. "Yeah?" He asked and I looked at the ceiling. He looked too and I took the chance I pushed him over and ran to outside. "Hey! Cheater!." He laughed He chased after me. "Lets go?" He asked me . "yeah." I we walked to the stairs " I hate you now." He told me. "Nah you can never hate me." I said and smirked.

We went downstairs and saw Austin and Katlyn finishing up. "You two took a bath or something?" Katlyn asked. "If you did I hope you didn't do it together." Austin said. "Austin!" Katlyn said and punched his arm. "Ew god no." I said Chandler turned red. "No way dude!" Chandler said and I sat on the table and Chandler sat beside me. We finished breakfast and we went outside to continue helping around dead zone. I went up the tower because I was on watch duty today I was supposed to have a partner but I guess we haven't assigned any yet. Suddenly Katlyn opened the door. "Hey." She said. "Hey." I replied. "I'm done with my task and Norman said I can keep you company up here." She said. "That would he great." I told her and laughed.

"So you and Austin?" I told her. "Seriously?!" She said and we laughed.
We were talking for hours until the sun sets and soon enough I was back in my room drifting into sleep.