21. I Wolfin' Love You

Avery's POV

Saying I was excited was an understatement.

In fact, there were no words to justify how I was feeling at the moment. It was completely beyond me that I was going to see werewolves. Seriously, It wasn't on an everyday basis that you got to see mythical creatures.

I was currently sitting in Mason's heated Mustang, traveling towards what I once thought was the unknown. 

My heart was pounding loudly in the comfortable silence. Surely Mason could hear it just as loudly as I. If he did, he wasn't letting on.

“You okay?” he voiced, his neon eyes flashing towards mine. 

I nodded. “Completely fine.”

His dark eyebrows furrowed together but he nodded slowly. 

“I'm fine Mason. Really. Possibly a bit nervous, but excited.”

He glanced at me. “Don't be nervous. I promise they won't lay a single finger on you.”

I rolled my eyes.

The car was back in silence, Mason leaving me to my thoughts after voicing that we were almost there.

Each mile we got closer to our destination, closer to the unbelievable, closer to my family.

Family?

My heart lurched. I was no longer a plain and ordinary girl, part of something small. I wasn't a girl who was stuck in the shadows, a father who had promised his little girl that he would always love her to only walk out of her life without a mere goodbye. No I wasn't just a girl who's mother had her heart broken into smithereens and couldn't find the pieces so tried to cover the pain with too many shots and yet another man to sleep with at night. 

In mere months, I had found the love of my life, discovered that he was a werewolf, became to know that I was his mate, and now I was going to meet his pack that I would soon be seeming much of. 

Damn, where the time go?

I was jerked from my thoughts as the purring car shut off. Without a word, nor a glance at Mason, I climbed out the car and found Mason already at my side. I shut the door and Mason wrapped his arms around me, bringing me closer to his hot chest. 

Without a word, his lips claimed mine and his warm and sweet breathe filled my mouth, making me shiver.

He pulled back gently, kissing my neck then up to my ear. 

“They'll be nice, I promise.” He said, his deep voice a caress to my ears. 

I didn't say anything but I knew I could trust him. I knew he would do just about anything to protect me. But I would admit, I was a bit nervous. After all, Mason did say that not all werewolves were pleasant. Mason was the only werewolf that I had ever met in my life. 

But then again, I wasn't in a place to judge anyone and I had thought of the idea first to come meet his pack.