8. I Wolfin' Love You

My note is at the end.....

SO ENJOYYYY <3

******************************************************

Avery's POV

Light elevator music played from the speakers above my head as I cruised down the narrow halls of the local grocery store.

There wasn't many people, but your occasional elderly, squinting at the small labels and ajusting their glasses, to see better. And of course, your stay-at-home mother, pushing the cart with one hand and gripping the rebellious child with the other, who wanted to run around and toss things off the shelf.

And even your rare college student, pushing the cart and glancing at the glorious stacks of junk food, and their phone on their ear, laughing to something their friend just said on the other line.

I stopped and threw a box of Captian Crunch in the cart and continued on my way.

“Avery.”

My eyebrows molded together in confusion. Did someone just call me? I turned to look behind me but there was only a mother and her child, the mother bending down to the child’s level to give him a lecture about knocking things off the shelf and warning them about the consequences if having to be warned again.

I blinked and continued my way again only to be called on a second time down the next isel.

“Who in the world is calling me?” I questioned quietly to myself. Seriously. I was a rare customer here; I often preferred H.E.B but today I had decided to take a look in the newly decorated Kroger's.

I looked again behind me to see none other than Mason himself. He was wearing a thin cotton black shirt, barefooted and was slightly limping towards me. “Oh my god,” I gasped and ran down half the isle to meet him.

“Are you alright? God, what happened?” I bombarded him, my eyes wide in worry. He was pale and sweat coated his forehead and a bit of his body like he was just came from an insane work out. His eyes were dull and more gray than blue today. His shorts were hanging very low on his hips, almost low to show his indention. I looked away quickly. He looked rather sick.

I put my hand to his forhead to pull it back in a zap. He was burning like hell.(not that I knew how hot hell was) I also witnessed a small cut on the side of his forehead. “You're burning up! We have to get you to an hospital. And that cut!” He still managed to chuckle. It seemed as if he could barely hold himself up.

He staggered and I caught his muscled arm. “Okay. Enough standing. Come on.” I began too pull him towards the front of the store, determined to get him to my house and let him rest. “Wait, wait, wait. I swear i'm fine, just a little fever. I wanted some soda and some chips.”

I rolled my eyes. “Mason, you look like you're about to puke your guts out and you came to the store half naked to come get some chips and a soda? Are you serious?” He gave me a weak smile; it still managed to send my heart on a race. “I'm serious.”

I groaned. “Well too bad. We're going to my house to get you some rest.”

“I'm okay, I swear.” I didn't respond but continued to pull him out of the store and into the parking lot. I shivered as the cold rushed towards me. I stuffed my hands in my jacket pocked and looked over at Mason. He still looked a bit pale but he seemed at least a bit better than when I found him.