18. I Wolfin' Love You

PREVIOUSLY ON "I WOLFIN' LOVE YOU":

…...-"Mason, I love you. I don't care who you are or what you are, I am still going to love you. I can't help it. I'm not going to run away and I’m not leaving you, ever. I only want you and you only. I could care less if you were a sea monster. I'm still going to love you even if you stop loving me. My heart belongs to you and no one but you," I whispered in the midnight dark, the moonlight shinning little silver spots in my room.

I rested my forehead against Mason's, closing my eyes, holding his strong face in mine just a little tighter. His arms wound themselves behind me, crushing me softly to his body. I pulled back an inch and grazed my lips against his jaw, desiring a sweet kiss that would reach my toes.....--

…....-"Wait, stop," he said in his husky voice. I ignored him. "Avery, stop," he said, his voice still a bit breathless, but stern. His hands had found mine and now he had them locked in his iron grip above my head.

"Why?" I whispered.

I heard his sigh. "Because. Not tonight."

I went limp. "Not tonight? Why not? It's as good as any night."

"No, not tonight. Another night."

"But why?" I argued back, "I want you."

I heard him moan. His lips grazed my cheek.

"And I want you more. Just not tonight. Another night, love."

I opened my mouth to argue some more but he must have seen it coming for he quieted me with his soft lips.

"You know," I whispered against his lips, "this is so not helping."

I felt him smile.

"Another night, love, and you can have all of me and more."

I shivered as he lightly kissed my neck.....--

…..-He climbed back under the covers with me and held me to his chest, planting a kiss on my forehead.

I closed my eyes.

"Sweet dreams, love."

I was slipping into darkness but I held him closer and silently wished him sweet dreams, wishing for the first time in my life, that the fight between Mason and his father would stop and close the big gap in Mason's heart....--

Timothy Luke Clemming's POV

(Mason's Father)

Years. It had been years since I last saw Mason. And I missed him.

Though I loved all my children with the deepest parts of my heart, Mason was my favorite.

He was just like me when I was younger; rebellious, strong, intelligent. But most of all, I enjoyed my son's company. He was so lively and dynamic and could make me smile on the worst of days.

But no matter what, I knew he would never forgive me. I couldn't even forgive myself.

How could I do that to my son?

I was disgusted with myself.

His room was always empty. Nothing out of place. His bed was cold and lifeless. The bookshelf collected dust. The model cars that he had collected when he was younger were colorless. The navy blue paint on the walls that he and I had done, since it was his favorite color, almost seemed black now. The wooden desk that I had built for him on his tenth birthday was dull and looked nothing like the shiny wood that it was supposed to be.