29- Burning hatred

Mulai dari awal

There was a creaking noise from above me and I looked up just in time to see another burning beam falling towards me. I tensed and covered my head waiting to be crushed by the burning beam. It hit me and fell across my back. I cried out again and whimpered at the fire started to burn through my shirt, the only thing stopping it was the sweat that drenched my body.

"Please, someone help me!" I cried out in pain. But no one came. I doubt anyone is still here.

I turned and shot a pitiful beam of water as the beam the had fallen on me, succeeding in putting out whatever fire would be touching me but nothing more.

I squeezed my eyes closed let my trembling body fall limp. I didn't have any strength left. The time I'd spent here with of little food and water while being locked in a damp, dark cell had taken its toll on me. I no longer had the strength to fight anymore.

I crossed my hands in front of me and used them as a pillow, resting my head on them while praying for rescue but at the same time I was accepting defeat.

The next few moments happened in a hazy blur. The weight was removed from my torso and the pressure lifted from my ankle before I was dragged to my feet. I followed, dazed and blurry visioned, whoever saved me. I wasn't able to tell who because of the smoke and dark spots the sparked randomly in my vision.

The next thing I knew I was breathing in fresh air and falling to the floor. I laid there gasping the clean air into my lungs, while squeezing handfuls of grass and dirt beneath me. I heard the faint and slurred sounds of yelling and sirens.

I looked up the see members of Team Galactic running around everywhere, not even noticing me on the ground. Everything was spinning rapidly, to fast. I was fighting waves of nausea caused from my coughing fit.

Something nudged my shoulder and I heard the faint sounds of a voice urging me to run but I couldn't move. I was to weak and in to much pain.

Next thing I knew I was being lifted, draped across what felt like a fluffy-furryish cloud. I was to to much of a daze as the forest rapidly changed around me. The smell of fire and smoke was getting fainter and fainter until it was gone completely.

I was placed lightly on the ground and I shuddered at the cold. My shoulder was nudged again but I couldn't move, I couldn't breath and eventually, I slipped out of consciousness.

~*🌸*~

I woke to the cooing of bird like Pokémon giving their nighttime calls. For a few peaceful minutes I just lay there with my eyes closed, wishing I'd never have to get up but soon a heavy headache settled in, along with an agonising pain in my back. I slowly opened my eyes, seeing a wooden roof you'd expect to find in a lodge cabin above me. From what I could tell the room was windowless but a lamp by the side of my bed kept the room lit just enough for me to not be scared of my surroundings. Carefully, as not to hurt my burning back, I sat up reaching over to turning up the brightness of the lamp to get a better view of my surroundings.

Turns out the room did have a small window but the curtains had been draw over it. The room had little furniture other then the bed I was in and the standing lamp beside me, there was a chest of draws under the window which had a bowl of water sitting on top. I carefully swung my legs over the edge of the bed, the searing burning in my ankle was a painful reminder of what had happened before I slipped out. I tested whether or not I'd be able to stand and decided it best to try, holding the frame of the bed for support until I stopped shaking. I took note that I was now barefoot before limping over to the door, wincing at every step as pain shot through my body.