Chapter 18: All In

Start from the beginning

James flipped on a light switch and I stayed in the room while he walked into the bathroom. A minute later he came back with a plastic wrapped toothbrush. "Thank you." I smiled.

He nodded once. "Um, you can sleep in here if you want and I'll sleep in another room."

I narrowed my eyebrows. "Why would you sleep in another room?"

He raised a brow.

"I'd like you to sleep in the same room, James." I took a few steps closer to him and grabbed the side of his jacket, "And in the same bed, please."

James's lips curved into a small smile. "I guess my cuddling skills paid off."

"Yes, that's exactly what it was. Your cuddling skills."

"Are you bashing my cuddling skills?" James's smile turned into a crooked smirk.

"Never." I wiggled the toothbrush in my fingers, "Where would I be able to brush my teeth, Master?"

James rolled his eyes and laughed. "Follow me. We'll sleep in my room and I have a bathroom as well."

I followed James back down the hall, to the opposite side. He opened a door and turned on another light. The room lit up and I expected it to be different, since I was James's room. But it was the same color scheme as the rest of the house.

James showed me the bathroom and I walked in, closing the door behind me. It didn't take long to brush my teeth. Instead of leaving, I checked my reflection and pushed my glasses up. Expecting to look absolutely horrible, I didn't look as bad. I smoothed my palms down my hair in a sad attempt to tame my unruly waves.

My cheeks were red; my eyes were puffy from crying over Reese.

Again.

I swore to myself I'd never cry over him again. He didn't deserve it.

Shit happens and people change.

Remembering I was wearing a black tank top under my pale pink sweater, I pulled it over my head and sighed. As I was taking it off, sand had fallen out and I stifled a giggle. Oops.

I walked out of the bathroom and James was slipping off his jacket. "My mom would kick my ass and make you watch if she knew we were about to sleep in this bed covered in sand."

"How often does she come here?" I folded my sweater up and placed it on the chair of a writer's desk.

"She hasn't been here in three years."

"I think we're safe for now." I grinned and kicked my shoes off.

"Do you have a side preference?" He asked, pulling the comforter down.

"The middle."

He raised a brow. "Then we're going to fight."

"Or we could just share. Didn't your parents teach you that sharing is caring?" I joked and slid under the blankets.

James looked down at me with a glint of amusement. "Some things I don't share."

"Like what?" I folded an arm under my head while James looked down at me.

"The main one is candy. Never share my candy. Not even with my sister. It's just a huge no for me."

A laugh tumbled from my lips. "Growing up with three brothers, we always had to share candy. But I never had a problem with sharing."