The Funeral

Passion P.O.V

I swear this had to be the worst day ever today was the day of Ash funeral but this was different, unlike most funerals everybody usually wear black but we didn't her funeral was red just all red. It made you not have that sad kind of feeling nobody talked the whole way there but the only thing going on in my head really is " don't cry, don't cry " but the voice that was saying it in my head wasn't mine it was Ash's.

That's When He Spoke...

On behalf of the family of Ashley. Brenge.Davis I wish to thank each one of you for being here today... and though today is a very difficult day the scriptures makes this promise:

Ps 46:1-3

God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. 2 Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; 3 Though its waters roar and be troubled, Though the mountains shake with its swelling.

Dear heavenly Father, we gather here today to remember the precious life of Ashley Davis We also gather to say goodbye one last time and celebrate the life that she enjoyed here on earth and thank you for each precious moment and memory that we have had with her. Her life has touched so many in so many different ways. We pray that your peace and presence will be upon us during this time and we pray this in the name your Son, Amen.

As we gather here this morning to remember the dear and precious life of Ashley I know that many of you are dealing with mixed emotions. On the one hand, there are emotions of great sadness. Sadness not for Ashley because Ash is in a far better place, but sadness because we have lost a dear loved one. Sadness that we can never...

But on the other hand, there is great joy knowing that because of the relationship that Little Ash had with the Lord Jesus Christ that she has already been in His presence. For the scriptures say in:

2 Cor 5:6-8 "So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. 7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord."

there is no greater joy than to be in the presence of the One that loves them like no one else can.

So today is not a day of mourning but a day of celebration. It's not a day of regret but truly a day of rejoicing. Today we come to remember the life of Ashley and reminisce over all the special moments that we had with her.

You see Ashley had a relationship that carried some wonderful promises found in John chapter 14:1-6. Let me read that portion of scripture to you.

John 14:1-6 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place

Chardonnays P.O.V

Let's be real I wasn't listening to anything at all that was going on I felt like I was sitting by myself outside at this funeral, I've never cried at a funeral but this was different cause as soon as this tear ran down in my head I heard Ash voice say "don't cry, don't cry " I knew I was going crazy than ain't no way the only thing I did hear was when Tre'Zure was singing.

It's hard for me to tell you I love you

As I'm standing over your grave

And I know I'll never hear your voice again

Why did you leave me

Why couldn't you just stay

Because my world is nothin', without you