When Trapped In The Darkness

Start from the beginning

"And if I could help our injured pup, would you do as I say?"

"I-Injured . . . I don't______."

"I can hear his heartbeat Jaime. He's weak and getting weaker . . . if you keep fighting me, he will die."

"What do you want me to do?"

"I'm going to call two Omegas to collect the pups, you will not growl at them or threaten them in any way. As soon as the pups are removed, I'll have the injured one placed in the doctors care. Do you agree?"

"Yes."

I closed my eyes, mind linking to the Omegas who quickly came and gathered the pups, glancing at Jaime, who stood with his head lowered and his hands clenched into fists, with looks of sympathy.

"I gave word that all the pups are to be brought to the doctor to be checked over after our injured pup is cared for."

"T-Thank you."

"Clean yourself up, you're coming with me."

Nodding, Jaime made his way into the bathroom attached and I soon heard the shower running. Walking over to the bedside table. I picked up the phone and dialed a number. The person on the other end picked up after one ring and I quickly told them what I wanted from them, before hanging up the phone. Now that everything was set, I decided to visit my guest and give Jaime a little time to himself.

Exiting the room, I locked the door behind me, making sure he couldn't escape and made my way to the training ground.

Eric's pov

My eyes flew opened and I forced myself into a sitting position, clutching my arm which felt like it was on fire. What was going on? The last thing I remember, was Quinn pointing a gun at me and the deafening sound of a gunshot.

"So you're finally awake, huh?"

"What did you________?"

"I shot you in the arm."

He must have seen the confusion in my eyes, because he continued with his explanation

"The bullet was coated with a sedative. Once it entered your body, it instantly rendered you unconsciousness and unable to harm the wolves that carried you here."

"Why didn't you kill me, I know you're itching to see me dead."

"And what would be the fun in that? I'd much rather see you suffer and die slowly. And the best way to do that is . . . well let's not spoil the surprise."

Looking away from me, he smiled at someone approaching from my blindside and backed away from me. A blow across my face was the announcement that the monster had returned to torture me again.

"One of my pups nearly died because of you, you nearly turned my mate against me."

Eric glared at me angrily, clamping his mouth close defiantly.

"I regret allowing you and your family to leave, I should have killed the three of you a long time ago."

"Then why didn't you let Quinn kill me and correct your mistake?"

"I know that Jaime didn't break the mating bond. I'm going to wait until he rejects you completely and then I'll crush you."

"It doesn't matter . . . nothing you do will make Jaime see you as a mate. Even if you kill me, Jaime will never see you as anything but his sire."

Overwhelmed by anger, I turned my attention to Quinn who stood watching us in amusement.

"Break him."

Nodding, Quinn grinned and went to gather his friends as the pack link activated and my guest announced his arrival.

"Don't let him die Quinn, just make him wish for it."

Without waiting for a reply, I turned and headed for the pack house without looking back.

Unknown pov

I took in a deep breath of icy air, letting the chill burn my lungs . . . it was so good to be back. I missed my little Jaime, though that's not why I agreed to come back, let's just say the Alpha made me an offer that's too good to pass up . . . I get my very own slave. Of course, I have to wait until the rejection breaks him and then I'll take him away and put him to very good use. I shiver with excitement over fantasies of what I'm going to do with him before forcing myself to calm down . . . I have to take care of my little Jaime first and then the Alpha promised me that Eric will be all mine.

"Are you ready?"

I smile at the Alpha, my eyes gleaming, reflecting the insanity I don't even try to hide.

"Let's begin."