Chapter 1 - Mum's Idea.

Zoe's POV. 

"Cher! Where the hell is my top?" I shouted, storming into her room.  

She was lying on her bed, with her earphones in. I rolled my eyes and yank her earphones out of her ears. 

"OW! What was that for?!" She demanded. 

"Where is my top?"  

"What top?" 

"You bloody know well which top!" I started chucking clothes out of her wardrobe. 

"Stop that! Which top?" Cher asked. 

"The one you borrowed at that party on Friday! The one with the cross on it." I continued to chuck clothes out of her wardrobe. "A-ha! Here it is... What have you done to it?" There was a massive stain on it. 

"Look, I got a bit drunk and spilt a bit of wine-" 

"A bit?! My top is ruined! That's it." I grabbed one of her tops and ran downstairs.  

"What do you think you're doing?!" Cher shouted after me. 

I grabbed the ketchup bottle and squirted the sauce all over her top.  

"You bitch! That top cost me £15!" She grabbed it and slapped me. 

I slapped her back. "You started it by ruining my favourite top!"  

"Oh my God! I hate you so much!" Cher grabbed me and started hitting me and we both got into a fight just as our Mum was walking in through the door. 

"What's all this?!" She shouted. 

"Zoe ruined my top, look at it!" Cher showed Mum her top. 

"But she started it! I let her borrow my favourite top and what does she do? Spill wine all over it!"  

"Be quiet! I have a headache! This is the fourth time this week you've gotten into a fight!" Mum walked into the living room. "You're adults now and yet you're both behaving like teenagers!" She sighed. "That's it. I have had enough. You two are going to live together for a month. Without me. A friend at work asked me if I wanted to go to Turkey with her. It'll do me good and hopefully you two as well." 

"What?" Me and Cher both said together. 

"No, I am not living with her." I shook my head. 

"Yes you are. My decision is final." She took a ticket out of her bag. "My plane leaves a week tomorrow. When I get back, I expect better behaviour from you both."

"You do realise this is your fault, don't you." I glared at Cher. 

"How's it my fault?" 

"You started it by spilling wine all over my top." I told her. 

"Yeah and then you ruined mine. If you could've just accepted my apology-" 

"What apology? I definitely didn't hear one."  

"Well I didn't hear one from you either..." 

"Why should I be apologising?!" 

"Because you ruined my top!" 

"I only did that because you ruined mine!" 

"Oh, that was an accident! You ruined mine on purpose!" 

I decided to leave her room before I got into another fight with her. How am I going to put up with her for a month?

Cher's POV 

I can't believe I'm going to have to live with Zoe for an entire month. This isn't fair. So Mum gets to go on holiday with all her friends in Turkey and I'm stuck at home with my sister. How am I going to be able to survive? 

"I have an idea. I'll keep to myself and you keep to yourself. We won't speak to each other, we won't acknowledge each other. We'll act like two strangers sharing the same house, right?" I told Zoe. 

"Good plan." Zoe mumbled. "OK, fine. So you keep out of my room and I'll keep out of yours. Deal?" 

"Deal." We shook hands.

"Now, promise me the house won't be burned to a crisp by the time I get home!" Mum hugged us both. "Turkery is only 2 hours ahead of England, so don't be ringing me when it's like midnight here because it will be 2am in Turkey."  

"OK, Mum. Have a safe flight." I hugged Mum really tightly. "Love you." 

"Ring me only for emergencies, not just so you can have a long moan about the other." Mum took a deep breath. "Be good. Please." She pleaded. She turned and got into the taxi and then she was gone. 

Me and Zoe didn't know what to do at first.  

"Like I said, we're complete strangers. Right?" I told Zoe and went back up to my room. 

This is going to be easy. I thought.

****

Picture: Cher, Zoe and their Mother, Marigold.

Chapter 2 coming soon!