A Halloween Short Story

HI! Guys, IT'S HALLOWEEN! So I haven't updated for a major amount of time, thanks to school, but since it's Halloween I thought I's put up a small short story about Percabeth for ya. Hope you enjoy it!

Annabeth's POV

I could feel myself drift to sleep as I laid in my new husbands arms. My eyes closed, quiet silence filled to house. . . . 

"Mommy? Daddy?" A small petite voice awoken me from my daze. In front of me was a tiny girl, three years old, wrapped in a blanket and cuddling a stuffed dog. 

"Yes, sweetie?" questioned Percy as he sat up straighter and leaned forward to hear his daughters voice better. 

"I can't sleep, will you tell me one of your Halloween stories, please?" 

"Sure, honey." I unraveled myself fem Percy and took Zoe's hand as I led her up the stairs toward her pink bedroom. 

After tucking her in bed, Percy and I sat at the edge of her bed and smiled at her cute little frame under the covers.  

"Once upon a time, in a far off land, there was a beautiful girl," I began. "She was absolutely sparkling, and all of the boys in the kingdom wanted her to be his bride. But she was too picky."

Percy continued for me. "So, one day, an scheming sorceress decided to make the girl more modest. So she put a love curse on the girl to fall in love with a scrawny boy who was in love with another girl."

"The beautiful girl set out to make the boy hers, but the day never came. After weeks and weeks of hoping, the girl got impatient. Even more so when she found out the the boy was marrying the girl he loved!"

"So furious, she decided she would now do anything that she could to get the boy. Then, one night, she snuck into the witches lair and stole a love potion and another bottle with dark purple liquid in it. On the night of the boy and his loves' wedding, the beautiful girl put the two potions in the goblets that they would drink from later that day. Or so she thought."

"The next day she attend the wedding in disguise as a farmer girl. She waited long until the end of the party, and was in the front of the line to see what would happen. The couple took a sip from their cups and. . . ."

I finished off the story. "The bride stood up and ran off with one of the guests as she looked back at the groom with disgust in her eyes. In her mind, why she ever fell in love with him was a mystery. Meanwhile, the boy stood still in his seat, until he himself turned a dark purple and fell to floor in pain. Stiff as a rock, his body disintegrated until their was nothing in his place but ash. Heartbroken and still furious, the beautiful girl changed out of her disguise and took the ash, fleeing from the scene. Legend has it, she is still on the earth today, trying to figure out ways to bring back her true love. So whatever you do, don't be fooled by looks." 

I finished my story to the sound of snoring. I looked over at Percy and carefully climbed out of Zoe's bed. Kissing my daughters cheek, I took Percy's hand and led him to our bedroom. I climbed into our own bed and closed my eyes in content. 

"I love you, Seaweed Brain."

"Love you, too, Wise Girl. . . . "

". . . Isn't it funny how our daughter likes to go to bed on scary thoughts instead of nice ones?" 

"Shut up."

OK, guys! Sorry it's so short, I only had one hour to write this before I went trick or treating. Have a nice Halloween ,  thanks, love you, and bye! :):):):):):):):):):)

-Daughter of Poseidon.