Evan Mell

Here's another one! 

I don't own anything that has rights in this story.

Evan POV

Hey, I'm Evan Mell and I'm an agent at Olympic Measurements. I have dirty blond hair and brown eyes that are covered with a pair of thick, black glasses. I'm secondly good looking, if I said so myself, but I'm defiantly to a jock. I'm a little taller than average height, and just about the right weight too, but that doesn't mean girls are falling al over me all the time. Oh, no way would that ever happen, unless some goddess came down and blessed me. But I highly doubt that. Besides, there's only one girl who I want to impress.

Annabeth Chase. She's the complete package. Annabeth's smart, witty, beautiful, athletic, tough, fierce, and amazing, plus, she's one of my best friends. She has this honey/gold silky blond hair that falls in just the rights way down her back. I think it's literally brighter than the sun, the way it shines. She also wears hardly any makeup, and does apply it when it's a formal event. But the best part of her are her eyes.

You know when they say 'The eyes are the windows to the soul?' They're basically talking right to Annabeth. Once you first look at them, you might be put off, even a little scared, but, at least to me, they are the prettiest eyes a girl could ever have. At first, they're a steely kind of grey, but when you get to know her, the become more welcoming. They glitter in the light and sparkle in the dark. But underneath is something deeper. 

If you've known Annabeth for long enough, you start noticing things about her. How she gets a few more scrapes and bruises every year, or the way her eyes cloud ver whenever we try to talk about how our summer had been. If you look into her eyes, you can see that much clearer. You can see that she's seen things that no one should ever see, and how deep her soul is. It's frightening. 

On a happier note, she is the manager/CEO, of Olympic Measurements, she has the highest ranking job in the building. In fact, she was one of the 12 other people that helped her come up with the idea to do this line of buildings.

So it's quite alarming when you get personally invited to her office. 

If you get directly invited to a party, well, that's a whole other story. If the 'a party' is replaced by a ' my office' you should probably start pondering what you did in the last couple of weeks.

That's what I did when Annabeth asked me to come to her office, anyway. As we made our way there, I rapidly started to go over the past week. It was pretty uneventful. I had just started to think about Sunday when she stepped into her room and ushered my inside. We both took and seat and the room was filled with silence. Annabeth broke it.

"Evan, as you know, I have known you for about 2 years, and I trust you and like you as a friend,"

This is it, I thought, She's going to ask me out, 

"That's why I would like you to attend my wedding," 

"I would- wait...WHAT?" I screamed.

"I'm getting married on Wednesday, and I know it's short note, but I would absolutely love if you could show," she went on, hopefully. "It would mean a lot to have one of my most loyal co-workers there with me. Brian and Max are going to be there too,"

I sat there, shell shocked, for about a minute. Then after thinking it over, I knew that I had to see if this guy was right for, and wasn't just using her for her looks or the amount of money she makes. In other words, I would have to say yes.

"Of course," I replied, "But is there some way I can meet the lucky groom before the wedding?" 

She smiled, and I melted. "Let me see... Well, we don't you come over for dinner tomorrow after work? I''l probably get out around 6:00, and I'll need about a half an hour to cook, so does 6:45 sound to you," she asked.