The Ultimate Games - Opening Ceremony

Universal POV

The Capitol cheered in appreciation as trumpets began to blare, signaling the beginning of the opening ceremony. The huge, grand doors of gold opened, and one by one, the tributes rolled through in their separate carriages, smiling and waving to the crowd.

The first tribute out the gate was Ali Richardson, the 12 year old thief from District 6. Her hair was slightly shorter than before, now cut off at her collarbones. Her fringe had grown out slightly and was swept to the side, lightly curled along with the rest of her hair. She wore a long, green maxi dress with spaghetti straps that hugged her waist and then went straight to the floor, pooling around her feet. Long, mint green gloves covered her hands and went up to her elbows, and her makeup was light and airy, with hints of both blue and green. She smiled and waved to the crowd, grinning giddily.

Next was Daphne Floyd, the shy 12 year old from District 10. Her wild hair had been straightened and now fell halfway down her back. She wore a long sleeved, black lace dress that fell to a little above her knees with black combat boots, and her makeup was dark, with smoky eyes and dark red lips. She looked rather menacing, and although she shot small smiles out at the crowd, she remained mostly stoic.

Aria Reed, the 13 year old career from District 1, was the next tribute to appear. Her dark brown hair was straightened and framed her face, and the strong contouring along her cheekbones emphasized the sharpness of her face. Her bodycon dress was a deep, rich red, and fell to her knees. She wore red heels and lipstick, which completed the look. If her stylist was going for a bloody look, they'd achieved it. Aria smiled at the crowd, a smirk on her face as the citizens cheered for her.

Next was Talia Carter, the 13 year old from District 4. Her brown hair billowed out around her face, framing her facial features, and she donned a short, baby blue dress that puffed out at her waist.  She wore a pair of flats on her feet, and she had a dainty little headband in her hair. The stylist hadn't even tried to hide her new prosthetic leg, which stood out quite strongly. The Capitol citizens didn't seem to mind, however, continuing to scream and chant her name

The next tribute to emerge from the gate was Dianna Barrett, the 13 year old from District 5. Her dark blonde hair was pulled up into a braided updo, with small pieces framing her face and a golden headband. Her dress was large, golden and elegant, with thin, sheer fabric attached to her wrists from the back of the dress, almost giving her the appearance of wings. She had on golden eyeshadow and plum coloured lipstick, and simple gold stilettos. The crowd screamed when they saw her and her graceful get-up, chanting her name. Dianna giggled and waved, a grin on her face.

Beth Gibson was next up. The 13 year old from District 12 looked almost nervous in the chariot, waving sheepishly to the crowd. Her fiery red hair had been dyed since her last TV appearance, and was now a soft auburn. She had on minimal makeup, only a small bit of contouring to give her face more shape. She wore a green minidress, with leaves across the bodice and one strap. On her feet were green flats. The crowd cheered for her, and she smiled slightly, waving hesitantly.

Next was Arwin Yates, the 14 year old from District 3. Her short blonde hair had grown slightly and now hung a little past her shoulders. She wore a blue-grey peplum dress along with matching heels, and a jeweled statement necklace hung around her neck. She didn't look quite as extravagant as some of the other tributes, but she looked very elegant. She waved cheekily, grinning happily at the crowds as they cheered for her.

Misty Wolfe was the next tribute to appear. The sole survivor from District 11 looked very dainty, with an airy, pink dress and small kitten heels on her feet. Her long, sandy blonde hair was pulled up into a messy bun atop her head, and she had shimmery eyeshadow on her face. She looked almost like a fairy. She smiled to the crowd, waving politely, and they cheered for her.