Chapter 20

Sonic still hadn't woken up yet. Shadow sat by his side in their room, having cleaned up his queen and placed him in bed. His clawed hand intertwined with the small peach one of his beloved mate. He could sense a slight bit of Chaos energy left within his mate, indicating that he wasn't completely gone as he feared. He just hoped he wasn't too late. Blackened tears welled up in his eyes, threatening to fall down his regal face.

Then, Shadow thought he felt a light squeeze to his hand to let the king know that his mate was alright.

"Sonic?" he asked, wondering if his mind was playing tricks on him.

No response. Sonic the Hedgehog hadn't moved since Shadow placed him in bed over an hour ago. The vampire's head as well as his heart dropped like a piece of lead, losing hope as time went on. Bloodied tears streamed from his clenched eyes.

"S-Shadow?"

Said male immediately looked up and gazed into those beautiful glowing emeralds that he thought would never open again.

"Sonikuu," Shadow whispered in shock, more tears attempting to fall again as he helped his wife sit up, instantly wrapping his arms around his cherished uke in a strong, yet tender embrace.

Shadow the Hedgehog cried tears of joy, feeling his queen gently hug him back.

"Why are you crying?" Sonic asked softly when they pulled apart, thumbing away his seme's tears.

"I'd thought I lost you," he replied, placing his crimson streaked hand over the peach furred appendage that caressed his damp cheek.

The blue male gave a sympathetic smile to his husband.

"I've missed you, Shadow."

"I've missed you, too."

Both hedgehogs became lost in the glowing eyes of their mate before connecting their lips in a long-awaited passionate kiss. The Alpha king could sense his wife's energy rebuilding the longer he stayed in contact with him as Sonic wrapped his arms around his neck, claws softly digging into sharp red and black quills. The warm atmosphere quickly turned heated when Sonic pulled Shadow on top of him, wrapping his legs around his seme's waist as their tongues battled. The blue blur arched his back and let out a muffled moan when Shadow's tongue swept inside, exploring every inch of his mouth and savoring his taste.

"Take me," he whispered, his words barely audible as he gazed up at his husband with lust-filled eyes.

"What did you say?" Shadow kindly asked, having been snapped from his thoughts as he rested his hands on either side of Sonic's head, observing his beautiful blue queen beneath him.

Sonic closed his eyes and moaned aloud as another pleasure wave hit. It wasn't painful at all this time, since his body could sense that he was close to his mate. But, Sonic's Vampiric instincts/ hormones had had enough of this.

"Take me," the now-entranced male hissed, grabbing Shadow's chest fur, pulling him closer till their noses touched, "Mate with me, f*** me, rape me, I DON'T CARE!! JUST, PLEASE, MAKE IT STOP!!!"

Shadow winced when Sonic pulled at his fur, but after hearing his mate's distress, he responded back with a hard, yet passionate kiss.

"Please, Shadow," the 'normal' version of Sonic begged when he pulled away as tears fell from his eyes. "Please, I can't take this anymore."

"Shhh, calm down, love. It'll be alright," Shadow leaned forward and nuzzled his neck, trying to comfort his crying mate. Sonic held back a shiver when Shadow breathed on him, his breath cold enough to freeze him. When Shadow parted his lips and ran his tongue ever so slowly on Sonics throat, he shuddered and let out a small whimper. Shadow groaned.