Chapter 1

Mobius. Birthplace and humble home of the fastest thing alive. That said fastest thing alive, aka Sonic the Hedgehog, was currently dodging blasts from a large robot created by none other than Dr. Eggman. And as always, Eggman was having a hard time trying to get his hands on the blue blur.

"Grr, curse you, hedgehog!!" he shouted in frustration. "Sit still long enough so that I can blast you!!"

"Ha!" Sonic laughed, making light of the dangerous situation he currently found himself in. "Not gonna happen, Egghead! I'm never in one spot for too long!!" he shouted cockily as always, zigzagging through the streets of Station Square, leaving only a blue streak just to prove his point.

And with that, he approached the robot, the name on it read as the robot being called the "Eggsterminator". Well, needless to say, Eggsterminator was going down as Sonic leapt onto a nearby building for a few short moments and made a face, right before Eggman began to shower the sky with bullets. Luckily, for Sonic everyone was out of harm's way, including his friends who cheered from the sidelines.

"Go, Sonikuu!!" A pink hedgehog named Amy, aka his self-proclaimed girlfriend, screamed.

"Yeah, go Sonic!!" came the cheerful shout of a young kitsune know as Miles "Tails" Prower, the blue blur's younger brother.

"Be careful, Mr. Sonic!" a little bunny named Cream called out, with her devoted friend Cheese, a chao, sitting contently on her head, agreeing with the bunny in his own way. A few others stood by as well, such as Knuckles the Echidna, Rouge the Bat, and Blaze the Cat. They were the more 'hardcore' ones of the group, so they just watched the action in silence, giving their opinions only in their heads.

Sonic swiftly dodged the storm of ammunition. Apparently the doctor saw that wasn't going to work, so he decided to land (did I mention that it was flying?). A hatch opened and four missiles shot towards the azure hero. Apparently, Eggman had book sense and not common sense and was, in my opinion, an idiot to think that was going to work, because Sonic easily dodged the slower moving projectiles and used the opening to leap up, curl up and spindash himself into the cockpit of the robot. His body could easily take the slamming without pain or harm, thanks to his razor sharp quills. In fact, he slammed into the cockpit so hard that the top shattered, leaving for a vulnerable spot. One more attack like that would do it as he leaped back, ready to take another aim.

Then Eggman, out of desperation, tried to fire the robot's lasers at him, which, again, missed the hero easily. Yep, he was an idiot. That gave Sonic the opening he needed to take that final shot, using his homing attack and slamming into the robot, completely knocking it over in a shower of sparks. He leaped back, staring at the mess.

"Better luck next time, Eggbutt!!" he laughed, turning around and childishly waving his own rear in the air.

Eggman was furious, but took this as his opportunity to make like a banana and split, activating his EggMobile and rocketing into the air, shouting, "This is not over, Hedgehog! I will have my revenge!! You have not seen the last of Dr. Eggman!!!"

And just like that, he was gone.

Sonic grinned and gave his famous thumbs up to the nearest cameraman, letting the people of Station Square know that he is once again the victor. Everyone cheered and celebrated as his friend approached.

And of course, Amy glomped him.

"Oh, my Sonikuu!! I was so worried!!" she cried, wrapping her arms around his neck like a boa constrictor.

"Ack!! Amy!! C-can't...breathe!!!" he managed to choke out. Thankfully, Knuckles managed to pry her off. Sonic gasped for air like a fish out of water.

"Not bad, Blue," he smirked once he regained his composure.

"Thanks, Knux," he laughed, his voice a little hoarse as he rubbed the abused area.

"You were awesome out there, Sonic!" Tails piped up.

"All in a day's work, bro!" he laughed, ruffling the kitsune's head fur.

"Seems like we need to celebrate," Rouge commented with her hands on her hips.

"I agree," answered Blaze.

"Well, I know the perfect way!" Sonic grinned. "Last one to the nearest chilidog stand has to pay my bill!"

And in the blink of an eye, all that was left was a blue streak.

"No fair! We always pay!" shouted Amy as they all took off after him.

Unknown to them, they were being watched the whole time by three pair of eyes hidden in the shadows.

"Was that him?" a green hedgehog with a mess of quills on his head asked, his blue eyes looking in the direction the group went from behind a pair of thick black shades.

"Of course," a magenta colored hedgehog answered, her own emerald eyes gazing in the same direction. She adjusted her own thick black shades and added, "The King said we would notice him immediately. That's got to be him."

"So, what do we do now?" he asked.

"I'll tell you what we're gonna do," answered the third voice. He ventured out from darker part of the shadows, his green fur and blue eyes mimicking the other male's, only his quills were shaped just like Sonics. He peered from behind his thick red shades and smirked, showing off his sharp teeth as he answered, "We report this back to the king and wait. We make our move tonight."

"Good," the other green guy sighed with relief. "Let's get out of here. I can't take any more of this sun. I can't see how the creatures of the day can put up with it; it's killing me!"

"If we stay out any longer, it would!" the female laughed.

"Alright, that's enough," the slightly older male snapped. "We've kept the king waiting enough as it is. You two can have your fun tonight."

"Excellent," the other two smirked evilly, showing off their sharp fangs as their eyes glowed behind their dark shades, their pupils being black slits just like the other male. They all stalked further into the shadows and back to base to await further instructions.