Chapter 4

Sonic the Hedgehog soon found himself having the best night of his life! Never before had there been anyone out there that could give him a real run for his money in a race! And now, he just so happen to be racing against three!

They'd all hit supersonic speeds a little while back, with Scourge and Sonic in the lead. Heck, if he didn't know any better, he'd say they were all his clones only with different fur. He loved every minute of the adrenaline rush that he was getting and the cool night air slicing through his quills. He could see the smirks on their faces as well. They were enjoying it too.'Where have they been all my life!?' He thought as they approached the towering palace not too far in the distance, the half moon behind it making it look all the more menacing. Sonic's eyes widened and he gulped, finally remembering his predicament. He wasn't racing towards Eggman's newest hideout or anything. He was running to meet a vampire, the Vampire King to be exact!! What the heck was he in a hurry for!?!?

He cast a glance over at Scourge and sure enough, the green hedgehog was watching him out the corner of his eye, obviously having heard what he was thinking. Sonic tensed, looking ahead and much to his dismay, they were all at the front gate within seconds with the blue and emerald blurs tying at the 'finish line'.

The large black irongate opened with a groan, allowing them entrance to the inside.

As the three walked past, Manic playfully elbowed Sonic in the ribs saying, "Not bad, Blue. I'm impressed."

"Uh...thanks?" Sonic sweat dropped, not knowing what else to say at the moment. He was just in complete awe at the sheer size of the palace. The darn thing looked as big as a friggin' football stadium!!! The three vamps entered without hesitation, however, Sonic was a little bit hesitant (if you were forced to meet a vampire, wouldn't you be!?). He took a step inside but when the gate slammed shut behind him, he shot off, instantly catching up with the others.

"Jeez, relax Blue," Scourge chuckled. "That gate's automatic."

"I knew that!" he argued, his quills standing up, making him resemble a spooked cat.

"Of course you did," Sonia giggled.

Two vampires, wolves actually, guarded the front doors of the palace and stood aside when the four hedgehogs approached, casting glances down at Sonic when he walked by. Scourge pushed the enormous palace doors open with little effort. They all stood in the center of the room for a moment, looking down the long corridors which led off in various directions.

"I can sense the king is in the throne room," Scourge announced, perking his ears up before walking straight ahead.

Sonic felt like he was in a Halloween movie stuck on replay. It was cold and dark inside; blood red carpet aligned the floors. Cobweb decorated chandeliers adorned the ceilings, their bulbs dimly lighting the area every ten feet or so. Tall windows with thick crimson draperies aligned both sides of the hall, only drawn back to let in the moonlight to light the way.

As the three walked on in silence, Sonic had time to think.

'I remember them saying that the Alpha Vampire didn't want me hurt,' he thought. 'I wonder why? And what does he want with me?'

"Hey, guys?" he said suddenly to get rid of the bone-chilling silence.

Their ears perked up at attention.

"Just...just what is the king like?"

Before either of the guys could answer, Sonia jumped in, "Oh! Don't get me started on him!!"

"W-well, what do you mean?" he asked, with hesitation and fear in his voice. Just what the world was he getting himself into!?

"He's as hot as hell is what I mean!!" she smiled, giving a fan girlish squeal. Sonic just raised a brow as he walked beside the ogling vampiress.