Revelation Damnation (Part 9)

• Dedicated to Sana-thank you :)

Hi :) The song is Illuminated by Hurts. It's a really amazingly well written song and takes my breath away every time. It's REALLY different to my previous songs posted on here, but it's really good for this chapter because it's about everything coming into focus :) OOOHHHH hope that doesn't spoil anything :D 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

AMY’S POV

There were whispers. Everywhere I walked, there were people’s stares following me. I felt so self-conscious with every step I took, it felt like an eternity before I could reach my next class. I slung the door of the classroom open only to stop in my tracks.

Everyone stopped chatting to turn and stare at me. I cleared my throat in an attempt to brush it off but I still felt my cheeks heat up.  I had no idea why it was that all these people were looking at me in such a way that I had done something drastically wrong. I sighed whilst taking my seat at the front of the class. My bracelet jingled against the desk which caused me to smile at it. Why did he give it to me?  The sinful thought filled my mind. Of course he loves me. Of course he does.

To my gratitude, the substitute teacher arrived moments later and the lesson finally began. I sat at the front in the corner to divulge myself into the work.

As high-school usually goes, no-one apart from me was doing the work but I didn’t care-as long as I got an A in this class, my University choices would be unlimited.  The bell rang indicating half the lesson had flown by but I didn’t allow that to hinder me-I ploughed through the work. I reached a particularly hard complicated surds question so I paused to look up for a moment.

That was when I felt something soft bump against my head. I spun around in my seat to find a small rolled up paper ball sitting beside my chair. My eyes darted around the class but nothing was out of the norm. 

I picked it up slowly, laid it on my desk and prized it open. Inside, there was one word scrawled in a black fountain pen; 

'cheater..'

* * *

The lesson ended and I ran out of the classroom, looking for Sage. I didn't bother talking to anyone else-they would never tell me the truth. I didn't care who sent me the note either because it could have been anyone-I was sitting at the front. 

How did they know? That was the only thought corrupting my mind. Someone must have seen Marko kiss my cheek. Suddenly, the sickly sweet kiss he placed on my cheek seemed just that-sick. But, this wasn't just about me; Marko would be fired if anyone had found out. 

I found Sage talking to someone but I didn't pay attention to them; I ran straight to her and pulled her away from the conversation. 

"Amy!" She squealed. 

"What's happened?" I demanded. 

"What....wait, you don't know?" Sage smoothed down her hair as she scrutinized my expression. 

"Sage, I can't believe I did it! I just...it happened so quickly...and I....I....who knows? How did you know?" Words spilled out my mouth but I couldn't stop them. 

Sage paused for a moment before grabbing my hand to lead me to the bathroom. We stopped opposite the mirrors as she spun around to face me. 

"It's going to be alright, Amy."

"No! He's going to be fired!" I shouted. 

Sage frowned at me, crossed her arms and stepped closer to me; "What are you talking about? Who's going to get fired?"