Displeased Among Trees (Part 5)

Just a quick note before the chapter: I've just introduced a new character called Sage and the first bit is her POV. All you need to know is that Sage and Amy are best-friends.

The song by Panci! At the disco is really great-a wonderful comeback after the split :(     Anyway, it quite suits ANTHONY'S P.O.V. :)

ENJOY!!!

CHAPTER 5

SAGE'S P.O.V.

"Amy!" I sighed.

She laughed then placed her hand on my shoulder; "We have been friends forever and I know you really well."

I perked up slightly; "So you'll introduce me to Rodrick then?"

"No! I barely know him myself. You go talk to him." She flashed me an encouraging smile as the bell went for classes to begin again; "I'll see you at lunch."

I gave her a small wave, slammed my locker door shut and trudged to D.T.

Amy is meant to be my best-friend! Yes, I may be slightly...quirky and over-...enthusiastic at times but that shouldn't change anything.

I sighed and muttered Rodrick's name under my breath as I entered the classroom.

"Yes?" A bemused voice floated over to me.

My head snapped up and I came face to face with God himself. His deep blue eyes were twinkling and he already had a smudge of black paint across his cheek, highlighting his perfectly formed cheek-bones.

"What?" I snapped. Whenever I'm around good-looking guys I tend to be slightly...bitchy to say the least.

I stumbled over to a spare desk and flung my bag under it. I kept my head down as I was tying the apron around my body when HE spoke again;

"You said my name." He obviously had followed me and was now standing in front of my desk expectantly.

"No...no I didn't." I pulled the draw out from under the desk and laid out all the materials I needed for today's lesson.

"No. No...I said Rodrique." I winced at the realization of how transparent that lie was.

"And do I know this Rodrique?" He mused, forcing his lips not to spread in a smile.

"No, no. It's only you Rodrick. My Rodrick..." The words spilled out my mouth before I could stop myself. I gasped audibly.

His face fell and he turned bright red, eyes widening at me.

My cheeks burnt my hand which was covering my face as I stood motionless. He hadn't heard that, right?

"WHAT?" He said, taking a step back.

"No...no no no no..." I stammered.

"Oh my God." He mumbled as he hurried over to the sink on the other side of the classroom to take off the black paint.

The teacher arrived and as everyone had already started working on the projects, she left us to it and hovered around, being an aide to anyone with a problem.

After a couple of minutes of working on my storage unit, I glanced up and saw Rodrick's back to me. I frowned momentarily but smiled as I realized his desk was in front of mine.

Oh, this is going to be one interesting D.T. lesson.

RODRICK'S P.O.V.

I tried to forget that girl who basically molested me with her words so I could channel all my energy into catching up with this project. But I couldn't concentrate due to a constant murmering coming from behind me.