Chapter 9: It's All Over

Me, Harry, Sue, and all the rest of the Cullens stood in a straight line at the front, our arms linked. None of us were speaking, and there was definitely a strange silence around us. None of us could speak to one another, despite the fact that soon, we may no longer have each other. We were standing in the field where the fight with the newborns happened, as well as the thing with Renesmee. 

I went through the list of Volturi members that had any special powers. Aro could read every thought you ever had through just one touch. Renata's gift is similiar to Bella's, yet it retracts physical powers, rather than mental powers. Marcus can read the emotional ties between two people. Chelsea could destroy the emotional ties between people. That definitely could be an issue. What if she weakens the bond that we have for one another, and then we no longer loved one another enough to protect us?  

Then I remembered that Bella could give all of us a shield.

I kept going through the list anyways. Jane can make you think that you're feeling terrible pain. Her twin brother, Alec, can make you feel nothing. All of your senses are turned off, therefor you're very vulnerable, and he will kill you in a second. Demetri could track people if he's ever been around them, which would be a problem if we all gave up and ran away. One at a time, the Volturi would find us and kill us anyways. Running from this fight was obviously not an option. 

Afton could make himself invisible, which sucked. There was nothing we could do about that one. Of course, how long could he possibly keep up his invisibility. Probably not long enough. Plus, I heard from the Cullens that if you focus hard enough, you can see through his shield.

Corin has the ability to calm you down if you're in stress. I can't really see that helping them too much. It was kind of a useless ability, if you asked me. 

That's when I went through the list of special abilities that we had.

We had two mind readers that could anticipate the next move and counter it. That was helpful for them. We had me, who can read the minds of animals, which didn't really help this much, considering how I can't read the minds of any of the wolves. We also had Sue, who can change into a wolf. Jasper was a seriously experienced fighter, and he can change your emotions. Alice can read the future, meaning she may be able to anticipate the next move.

Alistair could feel when living beings are close, and this ability is much more wide spread then it is for most vampires. Nobody will ever be able to sneak up on him. Siobhan has the ability to change the outcome of an event if she focuses really hard. That could mean life or death for us. I considered asking her to try to stay out of the fight so she can concentrate on us winning. Maggie, who was a member of Siobhan's coven, can detect if someone is lying. That may come to use if this battle becomes one of words, rather then of weapons. Charles also has this ability, but it's not nearly as strong.

Kate can electrify someone if she's touched. That will come in handy, for sure. Eleazar can sense the abilities and strength of that ability in other vampires. If a vampire in the Volturi have a power that we don't know about, we will certainly know soon. Zafrina can project vivid images into someone else's mind, making them see something differently then what they were previously seeing before. Benjamin can manipulate the elements in anyway that he likes, so he can use that to fight.  Corin has the ability to make anyone feel content in their current situation, which she can use to her ability during the fight. 

Renesmee can make anyone know what she's thinking, which could be a good taunting tool. Fred can make people physically repulsed by him. He can use this to make people stop thinking of him, and he can make his attack. Raoul can make people think that he's their leader, which would come in handy.