Chapter 2: Crap

"Charlie?" Edward asked, confusion on his face. He was staring at me hesitantly, probably debating on whether or not to let go of me. "Are you a...."

I didn't let him answer his question. I had never been a huge fan of Edward. "A vampire? yes I am."

Edward continued to hold me there, staring into my eyes. I knew that he was reading my thoughts, so I made every single thought very obvious and clear. Mostly I was saying 'I still don't like you, kid." Yet, after a while, I got bored. So I started the story from the beginning, thinking of every little detail that I could. Edward stayed still, listening to my thoughts, not saying a single word until I finished my story.

"So, you kill people." Edward bluntly stated.

I nodded. "You don't?" I asked, confused.

"No, we don't! Our diets are strictly animal. And even if we do drink human blood, it's donated from a blood bank. We don't kill humans to satisfy ourselves."

"Is that why your eyes are golden, not red?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yes."

"Oh. I thought it was an old age sort of thing."

Edward raised his eyebrows. "You lived with the Volturi. There are some pretty old vampires there. They have red eyes. Plus, I'm surprised you didn't know of our diet. I guess Aro didn't think you were important enough to tell you the details."

I hissed, a low rumble in my throat. "Aro enjoyed my presence." 

"I don't think he did, Charlie." Edward replied, his voice dropping down to a hiss. 

I then smelled a nice scent. It smelled like roses, but in the midst of that scent was defiantly wet dog. What was that strange wet dog smell that I kept on smelling?

As my thoughts wondered, Alice appeared into view. I only had hazy human memories about her, which seemed to be hidden behind a black veil, yet suddenly, the memory of Alice became perfectly clear. She was just as small and fragile looking as I remembered, but I knew now that she was quite the opposite of fragile. Her short hair, instead of it's usual outward spike look, was smoothed down around her face. Her sense of style hadn't changed a bit, and I wondered if she was throwing clothes at vampire Bella as much as she had when I still lived with Bella, back when we were both human.

"Oh, hello, Charlie! I didn't recognize your new scent. Wow. I started to think that you weren't coming." Alice's high, bell-like voice said.

Edward clenched his jaw, a low snarl in his throat, and turned his head to Alice. I didn't dare move. "You had a vision about him being turned into a vampire? Is it a coincidence that I never saw that in your thoughts?" 

"Yes, actually, it is. You weren't around when I had the vision, and I never thought about it. At the time, I had assumed that it was just a mere fluke. That someone had decided they would change Charlie. I  just assumed that they changed there minds, considering how it has been four years since I saw this vision."

Edward snarled again, clearly being short-tempered right now. "Let's get him to the house." 

The two of them restrained me, not letting me having a chance to move without breaking myself. I didn't argue with them, and let them drag me alone to wherever they felt. I wasn't going to argue with them now. I didn't have much aspiration to escape. As long as they gave me blood, I would be perfectly satisfied. Well, maybe not. If I can still smell wet dog, I might be a little unhappy.

We got to the large house that I only had in my human memories. I remembered the ancient art on the walls, the large windows, the very white walls. We continued progressing towards the house, and the smell of wet dog defiantly lingered in the air. I started being able to hear the conversations of the people inside, and the de ja vu almost felt good. I was so glad to hear two of the voices that I could hear now.