'What did you do?' Conner's calm voice growled.

Or not.

Shadow shrugged. 'I don't like being knocked unconscious.'

Conner charged. 'That wasn't an answer!'

'You know, that's the same thing—'

'—I said to her.' Robin finished for her.

Superboy's fist went flying, aimed for Shadow's face.

Using her index and middle finger, she shoved it away from her, flinching at the sound of the fist hitting the wall.

He pulled his hand from the wall and brought it to his side.

Whatever she did to him arm, must have worn off. Robin mused to himself.

The boy wonder sighed looking at the meteorite sized hole in the wall—a slight over exaggeration. Another hole to fix, just great.

'You know, that would have hurt if it hit me.' She smirked.

He charged at her again, this time with his both hands.

Seeing him reaching for her, she jumped up at the right moment, using his arms as a support to flip behind him.

He kept on swinging at her, his blows becoming more aggressive and powerful with each miss. Why can't I. . . land a single hit.

Robin was at the edge of his seat—or beam to be exact.

If she keeps this up, Conner might land a hit and. . .that won't end well.

'Ugh, stay!' Superboy swiped at her. 'Still!'

She turned to face him, her lip pursed in a frown. He seized the opportunity and charged.

Move, move, move. Robin chanted in his mind.

She didn't.

I hope you have a trick up your sleeve, can't have you dying on me. He thought, his eyes trained on the assassin.

She stayed rooted to floor.

Just my luck, she gets to die on my watch.

Conner threw a punch. Shadow wrapped her hand around his wrist, flipping over him again as she repeatedly hit various points along his torso.

He stumbled back.

She moved again, striking her palm flat on his chest. Drops of blood escaped the kryptonain's lips, splattering the floor with red.

Conner fell to the floor clutching his chest.

No, way. Robin thought with wide eyes.

Shadow brought her arm to her side taking a deep breath.

The boy wonder, still stunned by the event that just took place, absentmindedly answered the incoming transmission on his earpiece.

Robin, report for debriefing. Batman barked through the receiver.

Roger. Robin replied, his eyes falling on Shadow's crouching form next to the fallen kryptonian. Who exactly was she?

_=_

'Explain. Now!' Batman wasn't kidding around.

'We know each other.' Robin answered smoothly.

The Batman glared at him through the white slits of his cowl. 'We can clearly see that, the question is, how do you know her?'