Chapter 14

*Emma's POV*

"You have to do it, for the kids." Killian kept saying.

"But I can't kill you!"

"Do it." I have no other option. We all want to go back to Storybrooke and this is the only way.

Tears began streaming down my face. I am going to loose another love, and not just any love my true love. I plunge my hand into his chest pulling out his heart. I looked down at the fragile piece, there was just a little darkness in the center. I grabbed the corner of my blue cloak and walked over to where Regina stood. She had already done the rest of the spell in a witch like cauldron. I held my hand with his heart over the pot. He gave me one last signature smile.

Tears continued to fall. I sealed my eyes shut. My hand squeezed the heart until it turned to dust. He didn't make a sound. I opened my eyes and he was there, lifeless on the ground. I turned to where my parents and kids stood and remembered something.

The last curse, my mother crushed my father's heart and then split hers in half because their love was strong enough. I believe the same with Killian and I.

I reached into my chest and I pulled out my own heart. It looked just like his, a little darkness in the middle. I run to where his body is knowing we don't have much time. I crouch down and I begin to break my heart in half. The pain was almost unbearable. But I didn't make a peep or say anything. Everyone behind me just watched in shock. I twist my heart more finally breaking it into two. I let out a small scream for I could not hold it in any longer. My heart is literally broken into two pieces.

In the distance I can see purple fog, meaning the curse is almost here. At the same time I place one half of my heart in my chest and into Killian's. I don't know if it worked because everything was gone from sight.