Chapter 3

*Emma's POV*

"Emma, dear I've missed you. How are your children?

"I am not going to tell you anything about them. Why are you here Cornelius?" I spat at him. He walked closer to me pulling out the Dark One's dagger from inside his coat pocket. His name was written boldly across it.

"I wanted to give you this, Emma." He says holding out the dagger to me.

"If this is in my possession I can make you do whatever I want." I say confused. He places the dagger in my hands without my permission.

"I'm giving it to you anyway." He tells me. Crying is heard from down the hall, my babies. "There are the two little ones." He says turning in that direction. No, I must use the dagger. I hold the dagger straight out in front of me.

"Dark One I command you not to touch them!" I yell, my voice now frustrated.

"Very well." He says making his way back over to me. The dagger still remains in front of me, and his beady gray eyes seem to watch my every move. I avoid his gaze just looking at what's ahead of me. He keeps walking on my left side, approaching me slowly. Before I know it his heart is right at the tip of the dagger, and his skin is torn open, the dagger goes right through his heart. This only means one thing. NO.

"You planned this!" I yell my eyes now on his. He begins to sink to the floor laughing. "W-why me!?" I stutter.

"I know how to recognize...a desperate soul." He says and those being his last words before he drops dead. I run to a nearby mirror. I can feel myself changing. My appearance is changing. My skin is becoming pale and it glitters like the white of snow, my lips become as red as blood, but my hair remains the color of day. Then I can feel the darkness start to consume me, and I let it.