A Daydream Away...[Part 3]

Zacznij od początku

"Avery, how long has it been since you switched out your make-up?" she asked, picking up a crumbling container of eyeshadow. I shrugged.

"I usually don't wear anything besides foundation and eye-liner," I said.

"You know it's bad for your skin to put old make-up on?" she asked.

"I'll keep it in mind," I answered. She shook her head and pulled out a fairly new looking eyeshadow pad. She set to work and after a few minutes, she stood back to look at her work.

"All right; done," she said. I looked at myself in the mirror. My face looked brighter and girlier than it usually did.

"Radical," I commented, smiling.

"And just in time, too," she said, glancing out the window. I looked out, too and saw Austin walking towards the apartment. He was wearing a black blazer, white collared shirt, and by the looks of it, dark jeans. I yelped and rummaged through my closet for my black pumps.

"Ooo! Wear those red ones!" Olivia cried, pointing at a pair of crimson pumps I had just thrown out of my closet.

"Really?" I asked, slipping my foot into one of the shoes. She nodded.

"It ties the whole look together," she said. I shrugged and put the other one on.

"All right! Thanks for the help!! Go, go, go! Before he comes up!" I exclaimed, shooing her out of my apartment. She laughed and waved good-bye. I closed the door behind her and glanced at my reflection in a small mirror on the wall next to the door. She really did do an amazing job.

I jumped when I heard the doorbell ring. It was him! I waited forty five seconds before going to the door and opening it. I smiled. He looked extremely handsome.

"Hi!" I exclaimed cheerily.

"Hey, you look amazing," he commented, nodding at me. I beamed at him and waved my hand.

"Thanks, you look pretty dashing yourself," I said. He laughed.

"Thanks. Ready to go?" he asked, offering me his arm. I nodded and grabbed my red leather clutch bag. I checked to make sure I had my apartment keys and then closed the door. I took his arm and he led me out to his shiny black Mercedes. My eyebrows rose up. Fancy vehicle. He opened the door for me and I smiled and sat down.

"So what kind of restaraunt are we going to?" I asked.

"It's a little Italian place," he replied, glancing at me. His gaze lingered for a moment.

"What?" I asked.

"You really do look amazing tonight," he said in a gentle voice. I felt color rise to my cheeks and smiled at him.

The restaraunt sat elevated, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean from the Hampton Bay area. Austin had made our reservations for a table outside. I looked around when we were seated, completely awestruck at the beauty.

"It's so beautiful out here," I breathed, my gaze fixated on the water below.

"Yeah; my family's house isn't too far from here. I have an amazing view of the ocean from my bedroom," he told me. I looked at him.

"So does my friend Ethan," I said. He raised his eyebrows slightly.

"Ethan?" he asked. I nodded.

"My best friend since kindergarten," I explained. "We're best buds," I said with a smile.

"That's cool," he said. I nodded and a slightly awkward silence fell. I glanced at the ocean again, feeling serene and calm.

"So what's good here?" I asked him. He shrugged.