"Okay, I'll come with you."

He flashes a crooked grin and then grabs my arm, dragging me out of Pulse. He leads me to the back of the parking lot. He's parked in the darkest corner. Rather than being scared, I am very alert. 

"Where are we going?"

"Oh nowhere in particular." He says with the same crooked grin.

I notice that he is still tightly gripping my arm. "Let go," I demand.

He smirks, and pulls me in. He looks into my eyes and starts speaking in the same slow and demanding tone as before. "Promise you won't scream."

He pins me against the side of his car.

"What are you doing, get off me!"

"This might hurt just a little bit." He opens his mouth and I see little fangs grow their way out. What is he... I look into his eyes and they are a deathly shade of crimson. He smiles and makes his way towards my neck. I shove him, but he doesn't budge. He grips my shoulders tightly, I feel like I'm going to bruise. I thrash back more, but he doesn't move. I can feel desperation crawling up my skin. His fangs are drawing closer to my neck. He does the action slowly in order to enjoy my torment and struggle. The same crooked grin is plastered across his face. Okay, no more average human Lacey. I grit my teeth and summon my telekinesis.

His body is flung into the air and slammed against his car. A look of surprise and confusion springs on his face. His brows furrow and he squints his eyes at me. He scrutinizes me from head to toe, trying to come up with an explanation. Before he can take a second breath, I throw him up again, but this time, I slam him into the ground. He coughs up a few drops of blood and then growls at me.

"I told you to get off," It is now my turn to smirk.

He looks up at me, breathing heavily. Blood is dripping down from his forehead, plastering his curly dark hair to his skin. He looks a little pathetic.

"This might hurt just a little bit." I break his leg bones, making him handicapped.

He grits his teeth, holding back the pain. I can hear the muffle of a scream behind his teeth. He growls at me, even more furious than before. I smile at him, feeling a little triumphant. Then I hear something behind me. I whip around and my mouth drops. It's Parker...He is staring at me, wide eyed and mouth agape. He looks me up and down, and then dashes away.

"Parker!" I yell desperately.

Shit. Just how much did he see? I pull out my cell phone and dial The Boss's number.

"Hey Boss, it's Lacey. I need you to come to Pulse and pickup something. I think I have...." My words trail off as I turn back around and see that Brody is gone. The only thing remaining is the drops of blood staining the gravel. I blink a few times in utter disbelief. I cracked all of his leg bones. He shouldn't have been able to move. I look around, thinking that maybe he crawled away. But there's no sign of anything. I had only turned around for a few seconds and now he's gone. He couldn't have gotten far. It's impossible that he even disappeared that quickly.

"You have what Lacey?" demands the other end of the line.

"Just come pick me up. There's something strange going on."

The Boss arrives in his car and stares at me confusedly and worriedly. I hop in and began to relate my story.

"Do you have any idea what he is? He's definitely not human. I broke all his leg bones Boss, but he still got away in a few seconds. Is he...I'm not sure if it's possible but maybe vampire?"

"Nah, vampires are very monstrous creatures with no humanity. They basically don't understand any human communication and only have a desire to kill...but...hmm" He trails off into his own thoughts.

"What?" I ask a little impatient.

"I think I may know what...but I'm not quite sure..."

"What is it?" I ask more demandingly.

"It's more of an assumption than actual fact."

"I'm willing to listen."

"Well when I first started working for The Society I came across a misplaced file. I was in the files room just doing some filing work on the new inductees. When I came across a file that was labeled classified. I knew that I should have turned it in to my boss but I was really curious. The classified files are locked away in a secret room. Only top officials are allowed access to them. The file wasn't very thick. It consisted with a few articles and loose scribbles of paper."

"Get to the point Boss" I could sense him trying to put off the story. He seems a little uneasy.

"Okay, but you didn't get this from me. This is classified information Lacey. When I turned the file into my boss she was furious that it was misplaced and asked very demandingly if I read it. And of course I had to say I didn't. I would have..."

"Boss," I said trying to remind him to get to his point.

He looked at me and gave a surrendering sigh.

"Have you ever heard of something called Divames?"  

"No...What's that?"

"Like I said, there wasn't much in the file. From what I read, they are supernatural beings that live off blood."

"Sounds like vampire to me."

"That's what I thought at first, but there was this one scribble of paper. The word vampire was crossed out and underneath was Divames."

"Is that all that was in there?"

He nodded.

I furrow my eyebrows and lose myself in my thoughts. I replay the night over again; trying to remember every distinctive detail. After being lost in my thoughts for a while I look outside.

"Hey, this isn't the way to my house."

"No, you'll be staying with me tonight. In case whatever that is comes for you."

I chuckle. "I can take care of myself Boss, come on." He was babying me again.

"I know Lacey, but if it does come back I want a good look at it. Besides, it'd be easier to do research together than apart."

I nod in agreement.