Chapter 102

Michaels POV

" Can I have everyones attention one more time?" I called. Everyone started to quiet down and look at me again. We were all sitting in my living room while Sarah was gone.

" I need you all to do me a favour. Once I tell you this you must be sworn to secracy. Can you do that for me?"

Everyone said yes and nodded, I had their attention now.

" The real reason I'm quitting is because I'm going to ask Sarah to marry me." Everyones jaws hit the floor and their eyes lit up. Everyone began to talk at once asking me what the ring looked like, when I was proposing and all that.

" HEY! He's not done!" Calum shouted. I thanked him and continued.

" I can't stress enough how important this is that she doesn't find out. If she does I will be totally devastated. So please please keep my secret. I want this to be a surprise."

" We will all keep your secret." my dad said.

" I've already talked it out with Sarah's parents and mine, so everything is set. If you want you can see the engagement ring." I took the velvet box out of my pocket and everybody moved forward to get a good look.

" Oh my gosh no way!" Alli squealed, gazing at the ring. "Sarah's so lucky!" she cooed.

" I had NO idea you were proposing!" Celine said.

" Me either it's so romantic!" Makayla said.

" My boys growing up." Calum said, wiping away fake tears.

" Your gonna grow up to someday man." I said softly, nodding towards Alli

" Not just yet bro." he laughed.

" What if I broke this ring how mad would you be?" Luke asked me. I gave him a serious glare and said

" You break this and I will personally shove your own foot up your ass and make you pay for another one."

" Woah down boy down!" Luke laughed, holding up his hands.

" But you guys HAVE to keep this a secret for real, I can't stress how important it is." I said to mainly the girls. I know they would be the first to tell Sarah if anyone told her.

" We won't we swear." Alli said, speaking for all of them.

" SARAH'S HOME!" Lauren said, shooing everyone out of the living room so it wouldn't look suspicious. I walked outside to help Sarah with Tom and the bags. She didn't talk to me much, just mumbled a few things and took Tom inside. I sighed and grabbed all her bags, shutting the trunk, following her inside.

The rest of the day Sarah stayed her distance from me and avoided any eye contact. I was surprised that she agreed to sleep in the same bed as me. But she didn't cuddle up to me like she usually did.

" Goodnight Sarah, I love you." I whispered, kissing her cheek.

" Goodnight, love you to." she mumbled back. I laid down and fell into a restless sleep.

Sarah's POV

We were standing alone, just me and Michael. The room seemed to have no walls and it just went on and on into blackness. But one wall was covered in a mirror, like a dance studio. Michael stood in front of that mirror, with his back to me. I could only see his face through the mirror.

" Sarah." he called to me, his voice almost angel like. I walked over to the mirror slowly, my steps echoing and yet I had no shoes on my feet. The floor was ice cold, but when I looked down it was as if there was no floor, just the void. I gasped sharply and kept my eyes on the mirror. When I was inches from Michael he began to speak.

" This by far is the hardest thing I think I've ever had to do. To tell you, the woman I love, that I'm having a baby by a woman that I barely even know. I hope you can accept the fact that I'm man enough to tell you this and hopefully you'll give me another chance. This ain't about my career. This ain't about my life. It's about us."

I felt like running into the inviting blackness of the void around me but I could not move. I heard myself ask her name, it sounded like talking under water but Michaels voice was clear as day.

" Abigail."

When he uttered her name the mirror shattered, the pieces rained down on me like a million knives but I made no move to get out of the way. I just let them fall around me because what did it matter anymore? I watched as Michaels shape begin to get blurry and his form was gone, but the pieces of glass started to play scenes, like a movie. I picked one up and watched the scene playing on it. Abigail was standing there with a round stomach, with Michael behind her holding her stomach and kissing her neck. I couldn't stand to watch this I clenched my fist around the jagged piece of mirror. A million shards of glass shattered into my flesh but it didn't hurt, I was forever numb.

And that's when I woke up.

Tears were streaming down my face and I sat straight up. It had all been a dream. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly, looking down at Michaels peaceful figure. I shouldn't have treated him like that, he must have a good reason for it. I promised myself I would apologize in the morning. I laid back down, staring at the ceiling, I had a feeling I wasn't going to be getting back to sleep.

Michaels POV

" Michael come on." Sarah called to me. Her figure was shimmery and light seemed to be emanating from her, she looked like an angel. She was wearing a pure white sun dress and her hair was in a cute little ponytail. She was leading me up a increasingly steep mountain, and as we got closer to the peak it was getting colder and colder, the rocks were becoming more and more jagged, the sky darker and darker. And yet Sarah kept leading me up the mountain side so I followed.

When we reached the top I saw a boy. His back was turned toward us and he looked out over the landscape.

" Michael I brought you up here to tell you something very important." Sarah said, wringing her dress through her hands.

" What is it baby." I smiled.

" I've been cheating on you this whole time and I love the other man more." Her words sent knives through my heart and I dropped to my knees. My hands hit the sharp rocks on the ground and I looked down. My hands and knees were bloodied by the jagged ends of the rocks, they were like knives. But this heartbreak hurt much more.

" Sarah... why?" I choked out. I looked up at her with tearful eyes. She grinned down at me and she laughed a high pitched laugh that wasn't hers.

" Your pathetic." she spat.

" W-Wh-h-o." I stuttered. She walked over to the boy at the edge of the cliff and whispered something to him. Then they started kissing passionately right in front of me and I felt my throat constricting, my air supply was being cut off. As they continued to kiss it got harder and harder to breathe. Before the black spots in my eyes took over they turned towards me and I saw the face of my best friend. Ashton, and that was the last breath I ever took.

And that's when I woke up.

My eyes shot open and I took huge gulps of air. I was alive. It had only been a dream.

" Michael!?" I heard Sarah say from beside me, sounding concerned.

" I'm fine...I'm fine." I assured her, pushing hair away from her face.

" I had a dream." we both said at the same time.

" You first." she said to me.