chapter 23

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

Hello my beloved readers! This is the last chapter. It is followed by an epilogue. I know this may sound cliché because I already repeated it like several times (P.S I have also mentioned the same at the end of the chapter so bear with me! ) but thank you all for sticking with me and reading my book. I hope you all had fun. Do let me know what you think and comment and vote please! Thank you!! 

Chapter 23 

Dia's P.O.V 

The entire world literally came crashing down on me as I collapsed on the floor. I felt as if someone just pulled out my heart forcefully. It was chaotic around me but I couldn't hear a thing. The only thing that I could see was the person lying on the floor. My head was spinning and my vision iwas blurred due to the tears streaming down my face.  

Those loving eyes looked at me as if I was the only thing that mattered. Even though all of this is my fault he is looking at me as if I am his angel. 

I slowly hold his hand and look at him teary eyed and say, "I am sorry. I love you." 

"I love you too Dia." he says and slowly starts to close his eyes. 

"Hardhik, stay with me please! Everything will be fine. Please!" I shout. 

The paramedics come in with a stretcher and take him towards the ambulance as I hold his hand and walk beside them. We get in to the ambulance and the doors close as we speed towards the hospital.

Sarah's P.O.V 

Oh my god! Poor Hardhik! Dia's looking devastated. As I head towards Dia, the paramedics rush in and take him towards the ambulance and Dia gets in as well. 

Shane comes and stands with me. 

"Sarah, are you alright love?" he asks as he holds me close. 

"I am not sure." I say. How could John do this? He even killed Claire? Oh my God! What will her family think? My parents will be devastated.  

The police finally handcuffed John. Tom, Raj, Shane and I stand outside the building. 

"I asked my driver to bring the car around. We will go to the hospital." Says Raj. 

We all stand with grave expressions on our faces.  

As I look at the entrance of the building where we were all standing the cops bring out John. 

He looks at me with a cold expression and I just turn away. I can't bear to look that barbarian. 

They walk right past us and suddenly John grabs my hand as I scream in pain. Shane and Tom push him away from me. 

"This is all your fault." He says menacingly. The cops grab him and pull him away and take him towards the car. 

"Sarah! Are you ok?" asks Shane gently holding my hand. I simply nod and look at him.  

"Let's go guys. Sarah, we need to get your hand checked as well." Says Raj and we all get in to the car and head towards the hospital. 

Dia's P.O.V 

In the ambulance I ask the paramedic, "Is he going to be alright?" 

"He got shot in the stomach. We can't say how deep the bullet went in. we need to get him in to surgery immediately." He says. 

I nod silently and look at him. He will be alright. I know that. He will. Right? 

As we reach the hospital they take Hardhik in to the ER. They give me some forms to fill and I fill them and hand it back to the nurse.