chapter 20

Chapter 20 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hello readers! I hope you find this chapter exciting. have fun reading. I hope that there are no errors.

Hardhik's P.O.V 

I slowly open my eyes and turn to the side of the bed so that I can look at Dia but the bed side is empty. I find a note on the pillow saying that she went to eat something. So I decide to take a shower and after about fifteen minutes I change in to fresh clothes and head out.  

Form the next room Tom comes out at the same time. 

"Hey Hardhik, Good morning." says Tom. 

"Good morning bro." I say. 

"Where's Dia?" 

"She is already downstairs eating. She left a note." I say. 

"Wow. She woke up early. What's up with that?"says Tom smirking. 

I smile and say, "May be she got really hungry. You know how she gets when she is really hungry." 

She starts acting like a little kid and talks as if she is two years old and unless someone cooks something for her she will not stop. It was cute in the beginning but sometimes it just gets annoying.  

We both head towards the lift and reach the restaurant lobby. We take food from the buffet and look around for Dia. 

"I don't see Dia anywhere, where do you think she is?" I say. 

"Hey, you guys. Good morning." says Naina joining us. 

"Hey, have you seen Dia?" I ask. 

"Hmm, that's weird. I thought she must have gone for a walk." Says Tom. 

"No. I was walking in the garden for quite a while though. I didn't see her there." She says. 

""Don't worry. She is probably with Sindhu or Sarah." Says Naina. 

I was feeling a little weird. She would always accompany me while I eat even if she had already eaten. She would always order something for me. Especially when we go out. Somehow I feel as if something is wrong. I don't want to sound like a girl but when it comes to Dia I can get a little over protective. 

After sometime everyone comes down and joins us for breakfast. I ask them if they had seen Dia but no one seems to have seen her.  

I call her cell and there is no response. I text her and leave a message saying, "Call me babe. Worried." 

Raj calls out my name and I look at him. 

"Hardhik, I need to talk to you. It's important." He says with a serious expression. 

I nod and we both get up and walk towards the garden for privacy. 

"What is it?" I say. Somehow I have this feeling that this is related to Dia. 

"We were finally able to trace the person who started the fire at your apartment. They sent several  

e-mails from an office desk in New York and it belongs to Mindy." he says 

WHAT? Mindy? Why would she want to kill us?  

"Oh my God Raj. Are you absolutely sure?" I ask. 

"Well yes. The work space belongs to Mindy but I am trying to find out if may be someone else might have used her desk purposely to cover their tracks." 

"How long will that take? I have a feeling that something is wrong. I haven't been able to find Dia since morning. I even asked the waiter if she was here earlier and showed her picture but he said no and now you drop this bomb on me." I say starting to get worried.