chapter 16

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Day by day the number of people reading my book is increasing. I am so happy! I wish you all could see how grateful I am. Thank you so much. Have fun reading this chapter. Hopefully there are no errors!

Chapter 16

After more than a year I wake up to see myself wrapped in Hardhik's embrace.  

"Good morning love." Says Hardhik. 

"Good morning baby." I say and kiss him gently. 

We decide to get ready as we had to meet up with Rupa's Aunt and Uncle. We head over to their place and then drive towards the Orcutt Ranch.  

After a while we reach the place and it's beautiful. We talk to the manager and give him all the instructions that Rupa had e-mailed us last night. Might I add that there were forty five reminder messages on my phone regarding each and every detail about the wedding. 

Rupa's Aunt and Uncle are talking to the manager about the budget so I decide to wander around the place and check it out. I find a nice cute place to sit in the garden. I take the view in and it's really calm and peaceful. I have been feeling a little guilty that I broke up with John over the phone. I don't want to hurt his feelings but breaking up with a person is hurting someone's feelings. My brain is telling me that I was practical, my heart is telling me that I did the right thing because I love Hardhik and it wouldn't have been fair to John and my sixth sense is telling me that I made the right decision before things got out of hand. I don't know what could have gone wrong but that's what my sixth sense was telling me. 

Hardhik walks towards me and sits beside me. 

"What are you thinking about?" he says. 

"I just feel bad that I broke up with John over the phone. I am not that kind of a person you know. I care about other people's feelings." I say. 

"Dia, he will be fine. You did the right thing. Had you waited even longer it would have hurt him more. 

He is a nice guy. I am sure he will understand. Don't worry love." He says and holds me close to him. 

I smile at him and say, " Thank you. I miss your pep talks. They always make me feel better." 

"I am glad that you missed them." He says smiling.

Finally all the arrangements were completed and we decide to head home. We reach the apartment and decide to go over some files required for work tomorrow.  

The next day both of us head to the office together. We meet Anna and Tony at the entrance and four of us enter the office together. Hardhik introduces us to everyone and we all start working. It was late in the evening by the time we were done. 

I was very tired. Hardhik and I head home. We sit and eat dinner and jump in to bed and fall asleep instantly. Tuesday morning was uneventful too. 

Sindhu had texted me earlier saying that Raj and she would meet us at Electric Karma an Indian restaurant in mid-city west. I immediately replied that we would be gladly meet them and text her that Hardhik and I are back together. Apart from Sarah I didn't tell anyone yet. We decided that we would surprise everyone when we get back to New York. 

Hardhik and I get ready and drive towards the restaurant. We enter the restaurant and Sindhu and Raj are already waiting for us at the table.  

"Sindhu!" I exclaim out loud and hug her.  

"Dia, how are you? I missed you." She says. 

"I missed you too" I say.  

The guys shake hands and we settle down comfortably and catch up with each other.