chapter 12

Hello readers. Thank you for sticking with my story. Hope you will be there till the end. I am curious to know as to who is reading my book. So do comment please. Let me know what you think about the story. I'd appreciate it! BTW sorry in advance for any errors! I did edit it so incase there are any more mistakes do let me know. thank you.

chapter 12 

The weekend was uneventful. In fact I had a nice time on Sunday. I had a nice time sitting on the couch watching  TV and eating food. Naina was busy in her own world of job hunting. But my dream weekend  had come to an end. Sigh. I hate Mondays. 

This week we will all be flying to L.A. Rupa was  more excited then anybody else because I get to check out the venue where she plans to get married. Things at the office were normal too. We were leaving on Friday night at seven.  

***

Finally it's Friday. 

Earlier at the office during lunch John came to talk to me. 

"Dia, I need to talk to you." 

"Ya. Ok. Let's go to my office." I say. We reach my office and sit down. Things with John were going good. I mean I was taking things slow and did'nt want to rush in to anything. 

"So, the thing is I can't accompany you to L.A. I have an urgent crisis I need to focus on in Singapore. I am so sorry. I'll miss you." He says. 

"Oh. That's too bad. I'll miss you too. When will you get back?" I ask. 

"I can't say. It depends on the situation. I will talk to you though. Ok. My fight is at five thirty, so I need to head home and pack." 

"Oh ok. Take care and be safe John and do call me when you land." I say hugging him. 

He pulls me close and kisses me sweetly on the lips but as the kiss progresses it becomes a little too aggressive for me so I gently pull back and smile at him. He looks me in the eye and says, " I love you." 

Fudge! Did he just say the 'L' word. Oh my freaking god. I mean what do I say. I really don't know what to say. I mean we have just been out on a few dates for god's sake. Not few but two!  Oh Lord Ram help me. Crap, he is looking at me and waiting for me to say something. What do I do? I finally decide to say the only thing that comes to my mind "I love  spending  time with you too."  

What have I done. It's like the oldest cliché in the book. I should have said something in Hindi or Telugu or any other Indian language for that matter. He looks at me and smiles a bit creepily, might I add and says, "It's ok Dia. You don't have to say it. I know that someday you will though. Take care. I'll call you when I can. Have a safe trip." He says and starts to leave. 

I wave bye and then shut my office door and sit. Great. Should I have broken up with him? Hmm. 

Well I should not over think. Let's see if I miss him a lot. Then I'll decide.

There is a knock on my door and Mindy enters. She works in the finance department with Sarah. Come to think of it I haven't seen her in a while and Sarah has another week off  before she comes back to work.. 

"Hey Mindy. How are you? I haven't seen you around in a while." I say. 

"Hey Dia. Just been busy with the new project. I am heading to Singapore to sort out a crisis with John. It's going to be awkward." She says. 

"Oh why? Do you not like John?" I say. 

"Oh no nothing like that. I slept with him once. It was a one night thing but I felt pretty ashamed after that. I mean, he is our boss right. It's not like we were in a relationship or anything." She says with a kind of undertone in her voice.