chapter 17

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thank you to all the wonderful readers for reading my book. I am very happy with the response. I hope there are no errors in this chapter. In case of any errors I apologize in advance. Have fun reading. Cheers! 

Chapter 17 

Hardhik's P.O.V 

I was finally able to smash the window with my watch and my hand starts to bleed. I ignore the pain and jump in to the corridor. 

I signal Dia to start climbing. She slowly starts to climb out of the balcony and starts to walk on the ledge. I finally grab her hands and she looks at me and smiles. She is looking a little sick. It must be because of the flames and smoke. Her hand suddenly slips from mine. I immediately grab her hand so that she doesn't fall but from the look on her face I realize that she is almost about to pass out. 

"Dia love, stay with me.", I say panicking but she faints. 

She is literally hanging at the edge of window with only the support of my hands. I use all of my strength to pull her in. I slowly grab her waist and with one swift motion pull her towards me and fall on the floor. 

"Sir, are you alright?" says someone. 

I turn around and see that the firemen have entered the corridor and are now breaking in to my apartment to stop the fire. The front door was blocked with a huge wooden desk. 

"Yes, I am alright but I need to take her to the hospital." I say. 

"Come right this way. We have an ambulance waiting." 

With the help of the fireman I carry Dia downstairs as the paramedics rush towards us and help me get her in to the ambulance. 

"We'll take care of the fire here. You head over to the hospital now." Says the fireman. 

"Thank you. I think you should know that I never saw that wooden desk that was blocking the front door." I say. 

"We will look in to it sir." 

"Thank you." I say as the paramedics close the ambulance door. 

I sit beside Dia and look at her. My poor baby. I slowly brush her hair away from her face and look at the nurse and ask, "Is she going to be alright?"  

"Don't worry. She must have fainted because of inhaling too much smoke or out of shock. She will be completely fine. We'll just run a couple of tests." 

"Thank you." I say and hold Dia's hand as we head towards the hospital. 

They wheel Dia in to the ER. I fill out the required paper work. The nurse who I spoke to earlier comes and patches up my hand which was bleeding. 

I call Sindhu and inform her. 

"No, don't worry Sindhu everything's fine. I just wanted to inform you. You don't need to come down here. You need to rest." I say. 

"Oh no I am fine. Raj and I are coming to the hospital right now." She says and hangs up. 

I call Ajay and tell him as well. He told me that he would let the others know. 

Should I call Dia's parents? I mean I don't want to alarm them but they have a right to know.  

I call Dia's dad's number. 

"Hello", he says. 

"Hello, Mr Deshmukh. It's Hardhik."  

"Oh Hardhik. How are you?" he says.