chapter 11

Hello readers! Thank you for reading my book. This chapter gives you an insight in to  Dia' s past. Hope you enjoy it. Do comment and vote and also sorry in adavnce for  are any grammatical errors.Will edit ASAP. Have fun reading!! :)

Chapter 11. 

*past* 

I was sitting in my bedroom and sipping tea. It's been more than a year since Hardhik proposed to me. We are in our last semester at the university. All of us had become really busy with internships and job hunting. After a long tiresome week I could finally sit and relax for a while. There's only one more week left before we graduate. After speaking to both set of our parents we decided to get married in California and not India. It would be easier that way to get back to our routine. 

Our parents are flying in next week for graduation. As I sit and stare outside the window. I remember the things, Hardhik and me have been through. 

*India* 

"Dia, I am so sorry for the way I have treated you and put you through so much stuff." Says Hardhik sitting across from me in the coffee shop. None of my friends knew about what happened to Hardhik with his aunt. It was my burden to bear and it was getting heavier.  

"I know and it's over now. We are stronger than before. I love it. It's like how our relationship was in the first few months. We understand each other and there is no jealousy or possessiveness. I am sorry too. I know what I did was wrong. It's just that I was so mad at you for behaving that way that, even after you realized your mistakes I kept taunting you and accusing you of things." I say looking at him.

After he changed, things were going really well but somehow at the back of my mind I used to feel that he would go back to his old ways and I would fight and argue with him in advance. But he bore with me and now we are going to the states. We both got accepted to the same university. We are traveling together and met up with two others, Rupa and Ajay who will also be joining us as well. 

"Hardhik, what do we do about your aunt?" I ask 

" I warned her not come near me and it seems she was actually sleeping with someone else and her husband found out so things are not looking good." He says. 

" I think she deserves it. After what she did to you, I felt so helpless and hopefully after we leave we can put all this behind us." I say. 

"Yes we will and I promise you that nothing will come between us ever again." He says holding my hand. I feel so safe and  protected when he holds me like that. He makes me feel like a baby. 

**** 

There is knock on my door and I see Sarah enter and sit beside me. 

"Hey, what are you thinking about ?" 

"Nothing. Just thinking about how things always work out in the end." I say 

"Oh. I guess you are thinking about your wedding?" she says smiling.

"Yup. So are we going shopping or what!" I say looking at her smiling. " Where's Rupa? It will be a girl's day out right. I mean it's great that she and Ajay are together but they are worse than me and Hardhik if you know what I mean." 

"Nope. Change of plans. The guys are coming too." She says laughing. We head out and meet the others. I never brought an official dress before you know. Always been a jeans/Indian wear kind of girl. This is going to be fun. I cant believe I am excited about shopping. 

We head out and shop and I buy this cute purple dress and Hardhik buys a matching tie to go with it. All of us decide to that . Sarah's dating a guy called Peter. He seems to be really in to her.