chapter 9

AUTHOR'S NOTE. 

Hello people! Thank you so much for reading my book. I never expected that a single person would read this but 22 reads is awesome. I am happy and I really appreciate it. Do let me know what you think about the story and post comments please. It would be really happy if you gave me your feedback.  Now have fun reading the next chapter! :) cheers. 

Chapter-9 

The next day I wake up to my phone ringing. I pick it up and it's John. 

"Hey Dia, good morning." He says cheerfully. Well what do you know, another morning person. Why do I end up with such people. 

"Hey John, good morning. What's up?" I say not hiding my annoyance. 

"I am sorry. Did I wake u?"' 

" Ya. But that's ok. I had to get up to get ready for the office anyway " I say 

"I won't keep you. I just wanted to tell you that I am going to pick you up for work today. " he says. He wants to pick me up? But why? He doesn't live near by  and shouldn't he ask me first if he can. I mean he is my boss but not outside the office right? 

"Oh how come? You do know that the office is closer to your apartment right?" I say. 

" I know that but I wanted to spend time with you. We are yet to go on a second date but  I jus wanted to talk to you." He says smiling. ( I think he is smiling) 

"Sure. No problem. I'll see you at eight" I say and hang up. 

I get ready and go to the kitchen where I see Naina sitting with chocolate ice cream. That is not a good sign. Its 7:30 in the morning. Plus I wanted to talk to her about John. 

"Naina, are you alright?" I say pointing at the ice cream. 

"No, dia. I am not. I have to tell you something." She says looking at with a sad expression. Wow. This must be pretty serious. She is never sad and I have only seen her cry once and that was because she din't do well on a test. It's rare for her to be like this. The only time I have seen her eating chocolate ice cream in the morning hours is when she is really upset which is almost never. 

" What is it? Tell me" I say sitting next to her. 

"I broke up with Liam. That's the reason I came here. I decided to move to New York. I couldn't work at the same place with him anymore and I just quit and moved out and came here." She says. 

"Oh my god, Naina. It's been more than a  week since you came. Why din't you tell me? How are you feeling?" I say as I move forward and hug her and she bursts out crying. I hold her till she is cried out. 

" Naina, don't worry about it. You can tell me what happened whenever you are ready. Just relax ok. Take some time off. Do some shopping and we'll go out tonight. Just us girls ok and when you do want to start looking for a job I am here and as for a place to stay you are my room mate now." I say looking at her. She hugs me back and says, " Thank you Dia. I love you." She says. 

I hear my phone buzz and I get a text saying that it's John and he is waiting for me downstairs. I tell Naina to relax and head downstairs. Poor thing she must have been through so much. (sigh) 

I go down stairs and get in to the car. A chauffer is driving for a change and John is sitting at the back. 

"Hi John" I say as I sit. 

"Hi Dia. you look beautiful" he says. 

"Oh thank you." I say but I somehow feel weird because I think of Hardhik and feel guilty about it.