chapter 18

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hello my dear readers! Have fun reading this chapter and do vote and comment. Incase of  errors please excuse me. I hope you like it. Do share it with your friends.

Chapter 18 

It's been more than a month now and I have made a full recovery. I am finally back in New York. I was in L.A for about two weeks where I worked from Sindhu's home and Hardhik was busy at the office. 

After that he decided to accompany me to New York. When we told everyone that we were back together Tom was like, "I figured it out when Hardhik told us that you were staying at his place. It was bound to happen." 

But of course everyone was happy for us. Naina was completely in to her new job and was having the time of her life. Rupa was driving us crazy since her wedding day was getting closer and everyone had to finish the tasks which she had assigned. I swear to god her voice was reaching a higher octave every day. I now have come to realize that it's not only American brides who go crazy but certain women on general do. Thankfully I don't fit in to that category. Rupa's and Ajay's parents were coming over this weekend to L.A and pretty soon we would be going there too. 

Hardhik was shuffling between New York and L.A so that we could spend as much time together as possible. I then decided to move to the L.A office so I scheduled an appointment today with Mr.Brown to talk about it. It would be easier for me to be with him and we could finally get married too. 

Naina and me set out together in morning. She travels with me in the office car as her office building is pretty close to mine. Hardhik is in L.A now. We are all going there next week any way so he decided to stay back this weekend and also Rupa has assigned him with task of taking care of her parents and helping them with all the wedding arrangements. 

I reach the office and Naina wishes me good luck for my appointment and leaves. 

I enter the office floor and head towards my office. Anna calls my name and I turn around. 

"Dia, Mr Brown would like to see you right away." 

"Thanks Anna. I'll go right now." I say. By the way Anna finally got together with Tony. They look really cute together. 

I head towards Mr.Brown's office. How come he came in so early. I thought he didn't get in until ten in the morning. I mean after all he owns the company. He can come in whenever he wants. I knock and hear him say 'come in.' 

As I enter it's John sitting in his Dad's chair. 

"Oh! John. I thought I was meeting your dad." I say trying to hide my surprise. I mean this is his dad's office. 

"Oh I know Dia. Please sit down." He says as I take a seat. 

"My dad had an urgent appointment so he can't make it today. I am sorry to have put you in an awkward position but I wanted to talk you. Since the day you came back from L.A you have been avoiding me." he says with a weird expression on his face. 

"Oh I am sorry. I just that I didn't want to get in your way, I feel guilty about how I ended things. I am really sorry John." 

He smiles at me and says, "It's ok Dia. No hard feelings. I know what I was getting in to. Sarah warned me about it too. I just wanted you to know that everything's cool and I am with Mindy now." 

"Oh wow! That's great. Congratulations. I am so happy for you." I say. Oh good! He is not going to fire me or anything. That's a relief. He is with Mindy. Phew! 

"Thank you! You wanted to talk about your transfer to the L.A office right. I think we can do that. You would anyway have to travel all across the country from time to time so it won't matter much. I already spoke to my dad about this and he is fine with it. You can officially shift to L.A next month."