THE BABY MILL [[48]] STRIAE

Start from the beginning

            A bundle of joy was no longer a blessing but a curse… Onew wanted to do nothing but escape it.

            “Are you excited to meet our new baby?” Dr. Park asked, a hand on Onew’s stomach.

            If he’d had the energy he would have flinched. He hadn’t felt excitement for any of the monsters he created. All the miscarriages he’d had were better than the ones he actually gave life to. They’d been saved from being raised by… Evil wasn’t enough to cut it.

            “Baby… Really, what’s wrong?” Dr. Park pestered. He was probably concerned about the lack of response he was getting from Onew.

            He wanted to answer… But that ridiculous pet name was stirring something within him. ‘Baby’. Out of all the other pet names there were to choose from it had to be that one that the doctor favoured.

            “Baby…”

            “I’m fine… I like it outside,” Onew answered. He just didn’t want to hear him say baby again. It was nauseating amongst other things.

            A strange look overcame Dr. Park’s face but he stopped asking him about his condition. Thankfully he’d caught on, this way Onew could save his breath for more important things… Like actually breathing which for him was quite a challenge. At least out here in the open air he got fresh, natural oxygen… Nothing like the oxygen in those masks that they fed him…

            It was so much easier to breath out here… He could just wheel away from here… If only he had the strength to do so. Life was cruel that way…

            “Are you cold, baby?”

            “Why are you doing this?” Onew stared at Dr. Park, hoping his exasperation showed through enough to invoke guilt in him. He wanted answers. Real ones. None of the garbage he’d been fed from him previously.

            The silence that fell after he questioned the doctor spoke a different story, though. Onew was afraid that he may have triggered something the hat hadn’t wanted to.

            “What do you mean?” The deep tone the doctor’s acquired was enough for Onew to know that his spurting of words had been a wrong move on his part. But he’d chosen to take it and now he would have to go through with it.

            “Stop doing this… Please, stop this whole thing…” Onew begged.

            “I am not going to sit here and listen to this again so stop it now or we’re going back inside.”

            “I don’t see why you have to keep this going. You have the babies… You don’t need any more… Please.

            And the lava in the volcano started to boil, sucking in whatever piece of rock it could swallow and adding it to the great destruction it was waiting to unleash.

            He should have just kept his mouth shut… Should have… Should have…

            “Is it too much to ask for a little support? This is just my job Onew this is our family! Why do you want to break apart our family?!”

            “I-I don’t… This isn’t…”

            Feeble cries were never heard by the raging monsters. Every horror movie, every fairy tale Onew had ever read could confirm that. The victims never got heard… And Onew didn’t have a hero any more so he might as well have just thrown himself off his wheelchair into that pit of lava.