Chapter 3 : New School, new problems

Почніть із самого початку

I opened my locker.

"Luke!" Someone yelled. My head snapped to where the voice came from. A boy with black hair, a white muscle shirt, black jeans and a red and white flannel tied around his waist, came running towards us. I couldn't help but stare. He was cute.

"Hey mate," Luke greeted.

Two other boys came to Luke's side. The first on had curly brown hair and a sweet smile. The second had green hair. Very punk. I stared at them and they saw me and raised an eyebrow. The other three guys were as tall as Luke, so I felt like a leprechaun.

"Luke, you going to introduce us to your girlfriend?" Curly haired boy asked.

"Man, Luke always gets the beautiful ones," the cute, black haired one said. But then again they were all very attractive.

Me and Luke burst out laughing. "What? No-" Luke was cut off by the green haired boy. Literally, the boy out his hand over Luke's mouth.

"Luke, let the girl speak," He said.

"Hi, what's your name?" Curly asked.

I was still laughing. "Helen Hemmings," I replied.

The black haired boy's eyed went wide. "Married?"

Luke pushed the hand away from his mouth. "No you idiots, she's my sister." He put his arm over my shoulders and gave them a squeeze.

"Sister?!" All three asked in unison. I smiled.

"Luke are you going to introduce me yo your friends?" I ask.

He motioned to curly, "This is Ashton Irwin." Green haired boy, "Michael Clifford. And this," Luke roughly patted the black haired boy's shoulders. "This is Calum Hood." I gasped when I found out who Calum was. They all stared at me in shock.

"Earth to idiots!" Luke yelled. They snapped back to reality.

"How can she be your sister? She doesn't have an Australian accent," Michael stated.

"Yes, she's tan, Luke you're white," Ashton said. I laughed.

"And she has black hair," Calum points out."

"Touchè Calum, you have black hair. Yea me and Luke might now look alike, but we are related. As for my tan, lets just say the California sun loved me," I reply.

"Helen had firs with us, I don't think any of you have chemistry second," Luke mumbled.

"I have chemistry second," Michael spoke up. I smiled.

"Why didn't you tell us you were taking chemistry?" Ashton asked.

"You didn't ask," Michael replied. We walked to English class. I strolled over to the teacher's desk.

"Hi, my name is Helen Hemmings, I'm new and wanted to introduce myself." the teacher looked up and glared at me.

"Are you related to Luke Hemmings?" She asked.

"Yea," I replied with a smile.

"Its bad enough i have one Hemmings, now I have TWO," She growled.

"Cut her come slack Ms. Dawn, yes she is my sister but she isn't a trouble maker, so don't disrespect her," Luke said from behind me and guided me toward the back seats.

"She doesn't really like me, so she thinks us Hemmings are all trouble makers." Luke whispered in my ear. I sat down and he sat down in the seat next to me.

"Well, now I know I'll be her favorite student," I say sarcastically.

Calum sits behind me Luke, Michael sits behind me, and Ashton in front of me. Class started and everyone came in the classroom. Girls stared at me, boys smiled and winked, I rolled my eyes. One girl in particular shot me the meanest glare, her group followed.

"Wow," I said.

Calum turned toward me, "You must have done something to piss off the Queen Bee, Rebecca."

"I didn't do anything!" I snap.

Calm down, sis. She's right Cal, I was with her all morning, she didn't do anything," Luke defended.

Calum raised his hands in surrender, "Fine, but why did she glare at you, like she was going to kill you?"

"I have no idea." I reply

"Morning class, we have a new student at out school," Ms. Dawn says. Oh great. I give the class a small wave and smile.

"Does she not know how to talk?" Rebecca asked.

"Yes, actually I do, but I'd rather not talk about myself and annoy the hell out of people," I replied.

"Miss Green, no insults to other students," Ms. Dawn ordered. "Alright class lets get started, you will be paired up with a classmate." She started calling off names. "Michael and Ashton. Luke and Rebecca."

Luke groaned and threw his head back. Rebecca smiled at Luke and twirled her blonde hair in her fingers. I rolled my eyes.

"Calum and Helen."