Chapter 48

Elize waited at the gate, wondering when they were going to come through. She had been at the airport for an hour now and it was exhausting. She could be home with her family, snuggling in bed but she had to get up early to pick up Nicki's grandmothers.

It was a day before her birthday and two days before the wedding. They had their final dress fitting today in a couple hours and the girls including Sara and Sarah with Theresa were going to be there, fitting into theirs as well.

Elize sighed and leaned against a pillar. Until she pulled down her glasses and recognized the elegant women stepping out with their bags being carried by their butlers. They walked hand in hand and at the same pace. Elize smiled and got up from the pole, 'that's Nicki and I in a few years,' she grinned.

She looked down at her appearance. She only had a little bit of time to get ready, therefore she grabbed a quick outfit. She put on her converse with a black romper with her big grey cardigan. She had her hair in a messy curly bun. Yet tomorrow she was going to get it straighten.

"Hello!" She squealed at them. They looked at her and smiled, one of them let go of the other do she could hug Elize.

"Hello Elize, how is our lovely girl," Elize was taken back as she pulled away. The one she was hugging name was Clarity and she just spoke English.

"Clarity have you been taking English speaking classes?"

"Si! I have realized that...last year only Ni-cola could have understand us, but not you,"

"Yeah sadly I take French," she smiled. Margo, the other grandmother smiled warmly at her and grabbed her in a warm hug.

"Of course I had to start learning cause this pouts when she doesn't get her way," Elize laughed.

"Somehow the pouting had been passed down to the twins. It's the rot trademark look," the grandmothers widened their eyes.

"The babies are they here?"

"No it's just me. I left my girls home sleeping. Therefore if we go, we could get to them," she led them to her black jeep. She opened the back and the gentleman laid their bags in the trunk. She was going to the front when Margo stopped her.

"Elize you don't have a driver?"

"No...I like to drive my cars. No one else drives them but Nicki and I. Occasionally my best friend Jo, but that was only 3 times,"

"You should really have a driver. Just sitting back and relaxing, that's what you need right now,"

"I really don't mind. To be honest, I have a bit of trust issues. I don't like putting my life into people's hands, I have a family to take care of," she said. Clarity understood.

"That's completely fine Elize. Margo stop causing unnecessary drama. Elize drive your car sweetheart. Let's just get to Ni-cola and the babies," she gently took her wife's hand and led her in the backseat. Elize blew a breath.

For some reason, she knew exactly which grandmother she was. She smiled and climbed in.

/

Something touched her nose. She rubbed at it and went to snuggle her pillow more. It touched her nose again and she swatted it away then heard chuckling.

"Elize may I ask why--" she opened her eyes and saw the grandmothers holding the twins, who were very much awake in their arms. She laughed, sitting up holding her sheets against her naked body.