Chapter 43

Chapter 43

    Theresa watched as her best friend tapped her finger on the wooden table repeatedly. They were in the house over Paradise, waiting for Elize.

     Theresa had marveled at the house early on. It was massive and elegant and exquisite. After Dominique came to her apartment, Elize then told her to go on ahead to the house. This time Nicki didn't argue and she carried Theresa with her. 

    They were outside on the terraces, looking at the sea with a full moon lit. The sea breeze blew on them and Theresa hugged herself, shivering. Dominique stared at the ocean ominously.

       "Do you want--"

       "No,"

       "How about--"

       "No!"

       "Want to watch--"

       "Theresa god fucking damn it! I don't to drink any wine or watch any food or watch tv! I just want the damn love of my life in my arms right now," she went back to tapping her finger and looking out at sea. Theresa nodded, looking away.

      "Fantastic dinner by the way--"

      "She should be here. It's been 20 minutes. She should be here already. Theresa! I'm calling her," she went to grab her phone, but Theresa took it before her.

       "Give me the fucking phone," she warned. She looked paranoid. Her hair was a mess and her eyes were bloodshot.

       "You need to trust in Elize like she said. She'll be here," Nicki sighed and slouched in the chair.

The bell rung.

     She rushed through the enormous house to the door and Elize was there holding a bunch of duffel bags. She smiled, struggling. The police was behind her with more duffel bags.

       Nicki pulled her in and made her drop the bags and jumped in her arms, kissing her. Her weight shifted Elize and she steadied, trying not to drop them as she wobbled into another room. The police came in unsure, but Theresa motioned for him to. He came inside and rested the bags down and they heard a door slam.

      "Are they..."

      "Always like that? Not recently," she said nonchalantly.

      "So you're sure they're safe here?"

       "Positive. But you know...you could stay around if you want. We'll bring you food and let you use the restroom when you need,"

      "Thank you," he smiled and left. Theresa leaned against the door and watched him walk away. He had a nice ass. She smiled and closed the door. Then she heard something break. She shook her head.

/

        Dominique sat on the sand in her bikini, writing in her notepad. She looked out and saw her playing with the girls in the water with Theresa. She smiled and looked back down at the pad. She was organizing the girls' birthday which would be this week Saturday. She had a lot to do, but it wasn't impossible.

      Just then she felt Elize's presence and opened her legs to accommodate her. She left her notepad and hugged her from behind.

       "How's the water?"

       "I don't know. Maybe you should come in and find out,"

       "I'm too busy planning this party, my dear," Nicki kissed her and felt the salt particles on her bottom lip. She licked her lips.