Chapter 5.5 - Hunting Pack

Under the cover of darkness, two police officers heading a certain case stood before eight of their peers in the warehouse yard. All ten of them had donned standard body armor, and a couple of them carried a pump-action shotgun while the rest relied on their sidearms. The secondary leader of the operation and shortest officer present, Sergeant Bella Blanca, debriefed the group one more time.

"According to our intel, we can safely assume our perpetrator to be in the larger warehouse. He has been charged with serial kidnapping, alleged human trafficking, and possible physical violation. He will have hostages present and he is to be considered dangerous, so exercise caution. Take him in alive if possible; we might be able to track other victims and associates through him."

"Disperse," Kristoff gave the order with booming authority. The small band of officers broke off into pairs and swiftly headed off into separate directions, with him and his partner boldly moving down the middle of the yard.

Excerpt from Starry Days & Sunlit Nights, Volume 1. Please support us on Patreon to read the rest, or buy the eBook on Blurb or Amazon Kindle when it comes out. Much appreciated <3