Chapter 21

POV: Krystal

I watched out the window as Mark entered his car, sitting in his seat and staring out the front. After a few minutes, he started having a meltdown. Lips moving, but no sound being heard. Fist banging on everything around. No one noticed the usually though man having a melt down, besides me. The last person he probably wants seeing this.

After his melt down, he set his head on the steering wheel. His body was shaking, letting me know he was crying. I had to look away. Knowing that I caused this, once happy man, so much pain was unbearable. I slowly walked over to my bed, sitting down on it and staring at the floor. Nothing was different. The bed was still a mess from when I left, forgetting to make it. My drawers still had the some of the drawings materials I left here. It was as if they were expecting for me to come back.

I laid back onto the bed, not bouncing like I usually would at Mark's place. At home...

Tears stung my eyes as I grabbed a pillow, covering my face to muffle the sobs and screams. Having a melt down like Mark, screaming at the top of my lungs, no one hearing me. No one knowing the thoughts in my head, no one feeling the darkness around me, besides me.

I kept screaming and screaming, until I tired myself out. Being consumed by darkness.

A few days later, nothing changed.

Mark visited everyday, but each time, it hurt even more to see him. He looked worse each time, like he hasn't been taking care of himself. It's not like I have either. I think i'm worse than him.

I sat on the window sill, watching as Mark entered his car the fifth time this week, looking up at my window before driving away. It was always him talking when he came to see me. I had to refrain myself from interacting with him, knowing it will cause me more pain if I hugged him, even talked to him. 

I heard my door open and looked over to see Taylor, walking in with a tray of food, "Hey. Just came by to give you lunch. It's your favorite, Mac and Cheese...I made it myself." She walked over to the desk, the last nights dinner still there, untouched. Sighing, she took the dinner and placed down the lunch, "I know you're in pain, but start fucking eating."

Can always count on Taylor to be nice at times I need it! I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to the window, watching the trees swish in the wind. 

"Krystal." I heard the sternness in her voice, "Talk to me. Tell me what's going through your head."

"You don't want to know." I didn't realize how hoarse my voice sounded till now. I coughed, feeling like I could hack a hairball. (YUCK!)

"Actually, I do. You can tell me anything, and you know that."

"I don't know anymore Taylor. I feel lost." Hearing nothing from her, I continued, "I feel like when he left, part of me went with him. As did a part of him stayed with me. I broke apart, pieces of me flying to him, some staying with me. If he doesn't come back for me..." I trailed off, not wanting to continue.

"He'll come back, it's only been a week. Give him time."

I heard the opening and closing of the door, letting me know I was alone.

I felt myself break into a chorus of sobs. Curling my knees to my chest, I dug my face into my knees.

Mark's never coming back. Try all he wants, Mrs. Garald is not budging. How she acted that day said it all.

I'm never having a family.