Chapter 9

POV: Krystal

The police officer stood up, "Thank you two for cooperating. You two can go on with your day now. You don't have to worry about the man anymore."

Mark nodded, "Thank you."

The officer nodded and walked out of the house, the house becoming silent.

Mark let go of my hand, the first time since the interview started, and stood up, "I'm going to make some breakfast, you want anything?"

I shook my head, "I'm just going to get some sleep..."

I saw him nod slowly out of the corner of my eye. I got up and made my way to my room, slowly closing the door behind me. I grabbed a pillow and smash it to my face, muffling my screams, "YOU'RE STUPID! YOU SHOULD HAVE FOUGHT BACK! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!"

I lifted my head from the pillow, stuffing my hand under my mattress and finding one of my razors. I quietly crept out of my room and to the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

I looked myself in the mirror, then to my arm. Slicing myself each and every time I called myself stupid or thought of a way I could have fought back. 

After about ten cuts, I grabbed some bandages and wrapped them around my arm. I crept back to my room, stuffing the razor back under my mattress, right before my name was called by Mark.

I walked toward the kitchen, "Yea?"

"Do you want to make a video with me? I need to record one more."

I shrugged my shoulders, "Sure." I walked into the recording room and started setting stuff up, noticing a file labeled my name.

I leaned back on the chair, making sure Mark was still in the kitchen. I closed the door and clicked on the file, a video loading up and playing.

It was of Mark, sitting right in his chair. No game, no nothing. Just his face, "Mark here. Don't know why I said that if it's just going to be me...um...it's sorta getting lonely. I'm thinking of adopting a kid...I don't know." He sighed, taking another breath before continuing, "Bob and Wade don't think it's a good idea, seeing how I just have this little house. No experience with kids. Nothing. They said I should get a dog but....I want to help someone like they're going to help me. So a kid it is....until next time." He waved at the camera, "Bu-bye!"

The next video started, "So, I did it. I adopted a kid! Her name is Krystal. She's a little shy and keeps to herself, but has a wonderful personality. She like video games, and even makes them! She...uh..she even had a gamer girl shirt on when I interviewed her! I mean, I knew right away that she was the one! That we were so much alike!" His smile dropped, "But, I know she's keeping things from me. I can just see it. She's exactly like me. I always locked myself away, telling no one about my pain. My abusive relationship that I once had, my anxiety, my depression...but, my fans saved me. When I had to get out of there, they were there to catch me. I wouldn't be where I am now if it wasn't for them. I wouldn't have gotten Krystal....I need to thank them."

I felt a tear hit my hand when the next video started, "I know what she's going through. She's going through what I did as a kid." He took off the bandaging on his arm, revealing the cuts, "She has bandages on her all the time. Which means she cuts. She hesitates when I ask about the other families, which means she was abused. She flinches when I got to her, or when I touch her. It's all adding up. She was like me. Abused, lost, frightened....didn't have a family...." He looked up at the camera, tears in his eyes, "I just hope i'm there to catch her, like my fans were there for me. When the time comes that she realizes she needs to get out of there, i'll be there. I have to....until next time." He waved toward the camera, stopping the recording. Another one didn't start playing, so I knew that was the last one.

I sat there, shocked. Unable to process what I just heard and saw. He knows what i'm going through. He experienced it himself! I'm wrong about him. Mark isn't like on of those people that think they know what you're going through...no...he's one of those people that have been through it themselves. Took depression on in the face, and made it out alive. Had people there for him.

I need to be like him...

"You watched them?"

I jumped at the voice that came from behind, turning to see Mark, "Uh...yea..."

"Don't be worried, i'm not mad. I knew you were going to find them at some point...I sorta wanted you to, but I wanted you to find them on your own. Which is what seemed to happen."

We sat there in silence, not knowing what to say. I mean, how could I? I just found out that Mark lived the life that I'm living...well...not the whole orphan part. But he was abused, depressed, and cut....did he-

"Did you ever lose a family member?" I asked him.

I saw the sadness in his eyes, "My father. He was the man that cheered me on with everything I did. Even with YouTube. When everyone doubted me, he was the only one that cheered me on."

So he did lose family. That pretty much makes us alike...why can't I trust him then?

Oh wait, he tells Bob and Wade everything. Maybe even Sean...I don't know.

"I'm sorry about...everything."

"And I'm sorry about everything also. Look, I know what you're going through. You know I went through the same thing. Can...can we trust each other now?"

Can I? Wait, why am I even thinking about this? The answer should be automatic.

I nodded my head, his phoned going off as soon as I did. He smiled, "Thank you." He walked out of the room and answered the phone, "SEAN!"

I turned back around in my chair, looking at the file. I clicked on it again, watching his life story.