Chapter 16

POV: Krystal

Mark knocked on my door sometime later. Of course, I opened it. I wanted to see what he had to say.

I sat down on my desk chair, trying to cover up the pain it caused me, "Yes?"

He sat down on my bed, unable to look at me, "I'm sorry...she was just so convincing. It looked like she had changed! Which she did! She hasn't hit us once!"

Us? No...you, "Mark. I need to show you something."

Before I could show him the massive bruise forming on my stomach, Hazel ran into my room, "Mark?! Can we go out to see Bob and Wade?! I miss them!"

Mark smiled with so much love, "Of course! I'll go text them now!" He stood up and walked out of the room, "Now, where did I put my phone..."

When he was gone, Hazel turned to me and suckered punch me right in the gut, "Another one for trying to tell Mark. Do you really want one more?"

I shook my head, gripping my stomach in pain, "N-No..mo-re."

She smiled and took my chin in her hand, "Good girl."

She patted me on the head and walked out of my room. Mark walked into the room after her, "Ready to go?"

I smile and nodded, hiding all the pain from my face, "Yea. I can't wait!"

He walked away. I got up, probably looking like an old lady in the process. I tried my best to walk normally and made my way to Mark.

POV: Mark

Something feels off.

I don't know what it is. Krystal seems different, but it could be nothing.

She came up to me and smiled. Her smile didn't hold the same warmth as before. Is she mad?

I was about to ask when I remembered Hazel, who had her fingers intertwined with mine. I'm going to have to get used to this. Having to wait till Krystal and I are alone before asking questions.

I lead Hazel out to my car. She hopped in the front as Krystal slowly got in the back.

Yup, something's off.

I drove toward Bob's house, hitting a bump on the way. I looked back at Krystal who winced, squeezing her eyes shut and grabbing her stomach. 

I shook my head, "You ok Krystal?"

She opened her eyes wide, smiling and nodding.

I sighed and pulled up to Bob's, "We're here."

POV: Krystal

I got out of the car and walked up to the door, knocking. There was movement on the other end before the door swung open, a smiling Wade at the doorway, "KRYSTAL!"

He picked me up and squeezed me. I had try everything to not cry out. He put me down and smiled, "How have you been?!"

I glared at Mark who looked down, ashamed, "I could be better."

Wade looked at Mark, then me, "What happened now?"

"Wade, you remember Hazel right?" Hazel walked over next to me.

Wade looked at her and glared, balling his fist, "THE BITCH THAT ABUSED MARK!"

"WHAT?!" Bob came running into the room, seeing Hazel. He took a stand next to Wade, pulling me toward him, "STAY THE FUCK AWAY!"

Mark put his hands up in defense, "Woah, woah, woah! Hold on!"

Wade pointed to Hazel, "What is she doing here?!"

Mark looked at me, asking for help it seemed. I shook my head, "I'm not helping you with this one. You know how I felt about her Mark."

He looked down, saying nothing.

Hazel took that as a chance to pipe up, "Well, since no one seems to want to answer..." He took Mark's hand, who didn't move at all, "I'm his girlfriend!"

"WHAT?!" Bob and Wade screamed at the same time.

Wade looked at Mark, taking a step forward, "WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU TAKE HER BACK?!"

Mark finally looked up, sadness in his eyes, "She said she changed!"

"WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT?! SHE COULD BE LYING!"

"But she hasn't touched me!"

"WHAT MAKES YOU THINK SHE DIDN'T HIT KRYSTAL?!"

"I-I don't-"

"Oh, I would never hurt my baby!" She reached down to touch my check. I moved back behind Bob and Wade.

"SEE!"

Mark looked stunned, "She could just be scared..."

He looked at me for an answer. I just looked away, down at the ground.

Hazel grabbed his hand, "I see we're not welcomed here. Come on Markimoo!"

She tried to pull Mark with her to the door, but he didn't move. He looked at me, plead in his eyes, "Krystal please."

I looked him in the eyes, pouring all my hatetrid, betrayal, confusion into them, "No Mark. You made your choice."

"But you said if she abused us! She didn't-"

I pulled up my shirt, only revealing my stomach. A black and blue bruise covered all of it, "She didn't abuse you Mark, but she did to me!"

Wade looked away, pointing to the door, "Get out."

"Wade...you would kick out your best friend?"

"GET OUT! UNTIL YOU GET YOUR ACT STRAIGHT, DON'T COME BACK!"

Hazel jumped, grabbing Mark's arm and pulling him to the door. Mark looked at me, but I couldn't. The door closed behind him.

I fell down to my knees, the pain taking over. I burst into tears, Bob and Wade kneeling down next to me and pulling me into their warm, protective arms.

Why would Mark do this? Why would he choose her? After all i've done for him! After all the love i've sent his way.

I let out a shaky breath, "He choose her over me....."