Chapter 15

POV: Krystal

I can't do anything.

I tried all last night, trying to change his mind. Or make some type of impact on that brain of his. He just kept pushing me away.

I have to try. One last time.

I walked up to his door, taking a deep breath. I hesitantly knocked on his door.

He opened it, revealing the mess of his room, "Yes?"

I shifted on my feet, unable to look him in the eyes, "Mark, it's about her again."

"Krystal, I really don't have time for-"

"Just hear me out! I won't mention again if you just listen!" I looked him in the eyes, letting him know I meant it.

He sighed, "Fine. Talk."

"Ok, Mark, I know I can't change your mind. You're as stubborn as a baby with their toys. But, there's one thing. If you accept her back, and she starts abusing you, what makes you think she won't start abusing me? Why would she leave me out of the loop? I know you don't want that to happen, but your feelings are taking over. I don't know why you still love her, never will. But, can you at least do me one thing?"

He nodded.

"Choose. If she comes back and starts abusing us. You have to choose. It's either keep her, or me."

"What do you mean?"

"If you choose to keep me, you send her away. Kick her out."

"But if I choose her?"

I sighed. I really don't want to, but I won't stand for more abusing, "I'll go back to the orphanage. Simple as that. I won't tolerate another abusing."

That seem to hit him. He looked more confused as ever, a battle going on in his head.

I started walking down the hallway, stopping to say one more thing, "Mark?"

"Yea?"

"Choose whoever would make you the happiest."

I walked away.

~~Time Skip~~

There was a knock on the door, the knock that I was dreading.

Mark walked toward the door. Reaching for it. I couldn't watch. I got up and walked down the hallway, but stopped. Deciding that it would be smart to eavesdrop. I made sure he couldn't see me before looking around the corner.

Mark opened the door, a look of shock probably written all over his face. There stood Hazel, a smile on her face, "Mark!"

"H-Hazel?"

She went up and hugged him. She pulled back and turned serious, "Mark, I came to talk."

He invited her in, not saying another word. I ran behind the counter in the kitchen as they took a seat on the couch.

Hazel sighed, "Look, I was dumb. I didn't realize what I was doing. Mark, I want you back. I've changed! I'm not that abusing bitch I once was!"

He didn't say anything, just looked in her eyes.

"Mark Fischbach, will you take me back after all these years...will you give me another chance?"

Mark, plllleeeeeaaaassseee...don't be dumb.

He didn't say anything for a whole minute, before sighing, "Yes."

Hazel squealed, covering up the sound of my heart breaking. He chose her over me! How could he?! After all she's done to him!

She pulled him in for a kiss, which Mark returned. I turned away, resting my back on the counter so I was facing the stove. Tears were falling down my cheeks to my knees.

I heard movement and talking, but it was all a blur. All I could hear was the sound of my heart shattering and Mark's voice saying yes over and over in my head.

Next thing I know, Mark walks down the hallway and Hazel comes into the kitchen. She notices me and grins, "Looks like your plans didn't work! Try again next time darling!" 

Her voice sounding like venom, "Stop crying baby!" She swung her fist, hitting me right in the cheek.

I grabbed my cheek, fear causing my sadness to be pushed into the back of my head. Forgotten until another time, "That's for crying." She kicked me, hard, right into the stomach, "And that's for trying to change his mind. I know you tried to. You can't deny it!"

I gripped my cheek and stomach, "You're a monster."

She smiled as if that was a compliment, "Get out of here before I hit you again!"

I scrambled onto my feet, ignoring the pain in my stomach and rushing down the hallway. Bumping into Mark on the way, "Krystal? Are you ok?"

I looked back at him, only briefly. Just enough time to show him the pain, sadness, betrayal in my eyes.

I ran into my room and locked the door, looking at my stomach. There was a purple dot, which was going to form into a bruise. I know it.

I walked over to my bed painfully. Climbing onto it and looking up at the ceiling, tears falling down the side of my face. The sadness coming back up from the back of my mind.

I didn't do enough. Didn't convince him enough. I failed at my happiness. I failed at his happiness....But, for all I know, she could live up to her words.

I gasped at the thought. She could live up to her words, not abusing Mark.

But she didn't say anything about not abusing me...