I nodded,  there was nothing left to say.

"Take him inside."

Lifting my head, a chill went up my spine when I realized that we were inside the packhouse and standing in front of Nicholas's office.   

"Why is my Luna being carried? Who harmed him, Quinn?"

"He tried to fight me, Alpha. I had no other choice."

"I understand. And the boy?"

"We managed to knock him out and lock him in the dungeon . . . I made sure to bring him back alive, I know you want to end his life yourself?"

"That's why I put you in charge, you understand me so well."

Nicholas turned his attention to me and I flinched at the emotionless expression on his face.

"Why do you always force my hand, Jaime? I've disciplined you again and again, but you somehow still find a way to disobey me, well this time I'm going to make sure it sinks into that empty little head of yours . . . no one can save you because I will never let you go."

"P-Please . . . I-I______________."

"Take him to our room and make sure he stays there."

I lowered my head in submission, knowing it wouldn't do me any good to beg for forgiveness. The wolf that was holding me, quickly left the room and started up the stairs, quickly entering  the master bedroom, before dropping my on the bed and locking the door. I struggled to sit up as he rummaged through a drawer, lifting out something that clanged and clanked together loudly. Turning towards me, he smirked at me mockingly as he dangled several pairs of chains in front of my face.

"I'm glad the Alpha has finally seen through you. You never deserved him, always acting so weak and helpless, when you were really seducing him so you could destroy this pack from the inside. We all hate you, you know and you'll never be seen as our Luna."

I held my tongue, knowing he'd report anything I said to Nicholas.

"See you can't even defend yourself because I'm telling the truth."

"Get out."

Turning to see Quinn entering the room, the wolf that was mocking me, lowered his head submissively.

"I-I was just_____."

"You were just mocking our Luna again, instead of following orders even after I warned you."

"I-I___________."

"I told you to leave."

"Y-Yes."

The wolf hurried out of the room handing Quinn the chains as he passed by him  and Quinn slowly made his way over to the bed.

"Please, you don't have to do this . . . I'll leave when my legs heal and the pack can find a better Luna."

Shaking his head, Quinn pinned one of my hands against the bedpost, wrapping the chain around my wrist tightly before repeating the process on the other one.

"I haven't chained your legs so you'll have time to heal them, but if you try to break these chains I'll make sure you regret taking advantage of my generosity."

"Please."

"I guess you still don't get it, my loyalty is to my. Alpha, not you. I have no sympathy or compassion for your situation and we are not friends"

"Ple__________."

An annoyed growl escaped Quinn's lips and before I could finish my plea he ripped a strip of fabric from the bedsheet, shoving it into my mouth and tying it behind my head.