Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Eliza

I waited until Jack was out of the shower to talk to him. After we read his journal and I cried, I had to be silent for a while. His words were passionate and so intense. He took his clothes into the bathroom earlier, and while he was in there, I took them out. "Eliza, did you move my clothes?" He asked. Jack had a towel wrapped around his lower half of his body. The scars looked red, "Yes I did," I hold his shirt in my hands. "Can I have it?" He reaches for it but I pull it away from him. "Eliza, what are you doing?" I direct him to the mirror in our room. "What do you see?" His facial features reflect backwards in the mirror, but I watch him look at himself.

"I see a half-naked man," He states. I press him to look closer, "I see a strong man. A man that has survived so much." I smile at his reflection and my own. "I do too," He turns to me and our eyes match: the look of pure happiness. "I am half-naked but I could be fully naked if you want me to be," He charms me but I decline, despite the thoughts in the back of my head. "Let me help you get dressed," I apply some cream to his chest and watch as my hands seem to sooth him. "Thank you," He speaks, "No problem." I reply. He touches the scars a little before he puts on his shirt. "I read one time, that something people do to trigger memories is to reenact them. Do you think we can do that?" I ask him, feeling the nervousness in my stomach build up. "We could... but I don't know if it will work," He was scared, and so was I, but I want to help him, and this is what I know. "Let's just try. If anything, you'll probably just cry," I say but quickly regret it. "Let's go,"

I told Jack to stay outside of the door. On Valentine's Day, he was trying to fix an argument we had. "We were arguing about your work. You had been staying late and I was getting tired of being alone at home," At that time, I was debating whether or not, serving people was what I wanted to do for another few months or so. I wasn't happy working at the restaurant, but Jack was happy working and helping people at his job. There was many Journalism jobs I could apply for but I never got the chance. But the one day I wasn't happy, Jack wasn't either. We were both weren't happy.

"I was staying more at work, because I was giving you space." He stated and that was true. At that time, I couldn't stand being around him. But all that went away on that day. "Jack, I wanted you to understand where I was coming from, why I was so angry, but it would've been selfish of me. I couldn't have done that to you. So I never said anything." I said.

"Eliza, you can tell me anything. I would've tried to understand. I know working at the restaurant isn't what you want do forever. You went to college for English and you need to fulfill that. I'm not gonna get in the way of that." He didn't know. He doesn't know that if I apply for any of those jobs, they would want me to relocate. "Jack, those jobs require to travel and be active. If I applied for any of those jobs and you got into the car accident, I'd give it up in a heartbeat." The sadness on his face changed, "But the past is the past, so let's do this." I say, when he opens his mouth to speak. There was nothing left to say. He stands outside of the door and he comes in with a smile on his face.

The look in his eyes was happiness. I know he was trying, but I didn't feel like hearing it. It was Valentine's Day and we were fighting, great. "I know we aren't on the greatest of terms and I know you're angry about something, but I want to make things better, I want you happy." He says, and I don't deny that it makes my stomach turn. "Yes, Jack, I accept your apology, even though that was a shitty way of you saying it." I tell him with a smile. He comes close to me and kisses my cheek. "Happy Valentine's Day," I said to me and he said he same back.