Chapter 1

The bell rang signalling all of the kids to head to their next destination for the day, throughout the halls of Blackwood Heights High School. Harry made his way to the cafeteria and through the line in order to obtain his lunch for the day, and made his way to the lunch table his friends normally occupied. He set his tray on the table and took his seat in front of his little sister, "I can not wait until this day is over with," Bella sighed out and continued to pick at her own food while her brother got as comfortable as he could get in those god awful metal school chairs.

"Rough day?" Harry chuckled as he leaned back in his chair and began to open his string cheese.

"Some people just need to grow up, that's all," Bella rolled her eyes and finally took a bite out of her cheeseburger. She took a drink of her water and sighed, "The dean claims that their is a zero-tolerance for bullying, yet they always defend the bully and make the victim feel like it is all their fault. I just, I don't know and I don't get it and I don't like it." Bella semi-ranted and sighed. Before Harry could ask her what the specific situation was that she was talking about, the tardy bell rang and signaled for all the students to either be in the cafeteria or in their respective classes. Bella grabbed her phone and placed all of her attention into scrolling through Twitter to see what her favorite celebrities were up to today. Harry sighed and scanned the rest of the table. He saw all of his friends in their usual seats except for one seat right next to him,

"Where is Jade?" He asked.

"You didn't hear?" Bella asked as she placed her phone on the table and sat up in her seat, fixing her posture unlike her brother. "That is why I went on my tirade about the Dean favoring the bully. The town bully accused her of cheating on a test, so she was pulled out of our class and questioned by the principle. They took her to the office and she has been in their for the last forty-five minutes. I bet they gave her an anxiety attack, which caused her to cry and they had to comfort her. It doesn't look good on Principle Evans if a young girl walks out of his office crying," Bella rolled her eyes before she continued, "but they didn't say anything when she was getting picked on before class."

"What do you mean? What happened before class?" Harry asked concerned.

"The usual," Bella sighed, "Jessica was picking on Jade and threw her books on the ground in the hallway near the lockers, but the dean didn't do anything about it. The second Jessica fakes an accusation like 'Jade cheated on her test,' the dean rushes to her aide." Bella took a few bites from her cheeseburger and another drink of her water.

"I wish she would just stop messing with Jade," he shook his head and clenched his jaw. "Things have been rocky between Jade and I since she moved into town a few months ago. She keeps trying to convince Jade that I have the hots for her." Harry rolled his eyes.

"Do you?" Bella raised her eyebrow and crossed her arms.

"Absolutely fucking not." Harry took a bite out of his sandwich angrily. Harry believed that Jessica was hot, there was no doubt there, but he found the bond with Jade to be someone that could never be replaced or replicated. Jade was Harry's best friend since Freshman year from when he was nerdy and was bullied everyday, to when he became the bad boy at school that no one dared messed with. The thought of someone messing with her and bullying her with no consequences, was boiling his blood. He took a few deep breaths and began to ponder as Jessica made her way through the cafeteria to her table, late. She was wearing black boots, skinny jeans, a white shirt with a pink lace jacket on ask she strutted through the cafeteria to her table. She was the typical popular girl who would ignore everyone's existence unless you were part of her crew, or served a purpose for her. She didn't come from the richest family, but she knew how to take care of herself. Most of the time, she was blatantly disrespectful towards her peers and authority but due to her overwhelming popularity and involvement in most of the extra-curricular activities around school, she was untouchable. Harry's thoughts were clouded with all of the arguments he and Jade had over the new girl, and at the end of the day, it hurt Harry knowing how insecure Jessica made Jade feel - especially since Jade was the shining star of his show. However, his thoughts were broken in regards to the school bully when the school beauty made her entrance.