Peeking around the tree, I saw Chance had moved closer to the tree. "What's wrong?"

Chance's head snapped up to mine, his eyes flashing gold. "My wolf doesn't like when you're in pain. He wanted me to go and comfort you but I know that I couldn't do that. I told him you need privacy and that you're fine because every new wolf goes through this. My wolf cares for you a lot. Obviously I like where my dick is located and I know if I came behind that tree unannounced and without your permission, I wouldn't have a dick in that location anymore."

I tried to hide the surprise on my face. I didn't think he ever really cared about how I feel or what I want but knowing that he would give me my privacy even though he wants more than I can give, it made me feel like I could possibly consider Chance a friend in the future. I also didn't try to hide the small smirk on my face that he knew I would kick him in the dick, and probably so much more, if he came back there without my permission. . "I'm glad we're on the same page now. On another note, would it be possible for me to take a shower soon? I feel dirty after sleeping outside all night and I could just really use a hot shower and a nice nap. My body is so sore."

Chance nodded, leading me into the pack house. "Of course, peaches, anything for my little mate. There's a bathroom in my room and our bags are still in there from last night."

Chance led me up the stairs and to the room he usually stays in when he comes and visits the London Wolves. I took some fresh clothes from my carry-on bag and went into the bathroom. I shut and locked the door behind me, taking a deep breath knowing that he was right outside this door. I started up the shower and waited for the bathroom to become steamy before getting in. I let the hot water stream down my body, soothing my aching muscles.

While in the shower, my thoughts went to my wolf. Could she hear me? Was she like a second voice in my head? Or was Chance only messing with me? Maybe he wanted me to look stupid thinking I had a subconcious wolf inside of me.

Hello, Bailey.

I gasped, getting soap in my mouth since I was rinsing the shampoo from my hair.

I know it's shocking the first time you hear my voice. I'm like another you. I'm a part of you. I have been since you were born. I have been waiting years to finally meet you. I knew once you met Chance, you would shift. It just took longer than I thought. I have been waiting years to meet our mate. His wolf talks highly of Chance.

I sighed, I don't want a mate.

Yes, you do want a mate, Bailey. Deep down you know you want Chance or maybe you want to open yourself up a bit and let Chance in. I need Chance's wolf in order to survive. If I don't get my mate, I die of a broken heart and that kills a part of you. I know what happened to you, Bailey. I was there through it all even though you couldn't sense me or talk to me but I was there. I wanted to comfort you through it all but I couldn't. It tore me to shreds to see what he did to you. We cannot survive without Chance and his wolf. I will slowly die if you keep us a part. The Moon Goddess paired us for a reason. I know we are late bloomers but please, give them a chance, they both mean the best.

I sighed again, getting tired of these voices within my head. I felt like I was going crazy hearing a voice that wasn't my own. I blocked out my wolf's voice and continued pondering in the shower. Did Chance truly never think about me? Or was he telling the truth and he only thought about me because of his wolf?

***

After spending a couple of more days in London, Chance decided it was time for us to get back to the pack. Before I knew it, I was unfortunately back at the Black Wolves pack and I wasn't happy. I was beyond miserable. I just wanted to see my family and my dogs. I missed my grandma's cooking and the smell of my mom. I missed home. Chance is an asshole and won't let me see them. I have asked him everyday since arriving back here from London. He doesn't even let me go outside by myself in fear of me escaping again. I wasn't going to make the same mistake twice. I was planning my escape and I was going to make sure he would never find me again.  Because of Chance not trusting me, he always sends two bodyguards outside with me to follow my every move. The only privacy I get is when I'm sleeping or in the bathroom and even then I'm confident there's someone lurking outside just waiting for me to do something stupid like jump out the thrid story window. I have thought about it though.